13. The Date, Part 2

"Tell me why!" George sung along to the radio, motioning to Eva. He had a smile on his face and was gently tapping his fingers on the wheel in time with the song  - I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. Of course Eva would put on a radio station dedicated to 90's hits. They had sung for the entire journey, and usually George despised singing. Something about being around Eva made him love it. Maybe it was how happy it made her.

"Ain't nothing but a heartache," Eva sung also, grinning and dancing slightly. It was fair to say she was a much better singer than George, but they were just messing around as George drove them to his favourite park for them to have their date. She turned up the volume slightly, so that the music could easily be heard from outside the car. 

"Tell me why!" George sung again, horribly, yet adorably to Eva, off-key.

"Ain't nothing but a mistake," Eva clicked her fingers along to the music, swaying to the rhythm.

"Tell me why!" 

"I never want to hear you say," they looked at each other, both grinning. George put his hand on Eva's leg.

"I want it that way," George and Eva sung together, not perfectly in harmony in terms of singing, but certainly in other ways. She laughed, as did George, as the song continued. Eva turned the radio down so that the music was just background noise.

"So, how'd you find this park?" Eva sat back and asked, George's hand still on her leg. 

"Me and an ex had an argument, so I went for a drive and found this place. Promised myself I would never bring a girlfriend here, or anyone I liked, really, but I have a good feeling about us," upon hearing this, Eva blushed; never before had someone said anything like that to her. Her rom-com dream date was shaping up to be brilliant.

George turned a corner, and the park came into view.

It was relatively empty, despite that the time was about 3pm, but they weren't complaining. Old couples, young couples and dogs were dotted around, but large parts of the park were empty, and perfect for the picnic blanket. Another benefit of this park was that, as it was pretty empty, there were a lot of parking spaces. George parked and took the bag of food, leaving Eva with the blanket and a frisbee.

He slowly got out of the car, as did Eva, and walked over to her side. Somewhat shyly, he held her hand and walked with her to a peaceful spot, both of them taking in the beauty of the water fountain, carved with intricate designs, that was perfectly centred in the park, to the fresh, green grass that filled the space not taken up by the charming cobblestone path. This park - this place that George had chosen - was truly Eva's dream. 

Carefully, she laid down the picnic blanket and sat down, gently patting the blanket to tell George to join her. He nodded and sat where she had patted, laying the food out in front of them. She grabbed the sandwich she bought for herself, prawn mayo, and gave George his BLT. 

With a smile plastered on his face and a blush on his cheeks, he put his arm around Eva, who responded by leaning into him, slowly eating a sandwich. George began to eat a sandwich also. Eva basked in the warm sun and the warmth radiating from George and sighed happily. In every sense of the word, she was in Heaven.

"You wanna play some frisbee? Loser gets the others social media for an hour when we get home," Eva whispered deviously, a smirk on her lips. George chuckled.

"You're on, Eva. Get ready to lose."

George quickly got up, followed by Eva, who grabbed the frisbee. Making sure their area of the park was clear, which it was, they moved apart. Most of the people that were there when they arrived had left, leaving just them and the odd person walking through the park.

"Ready?" Eva yelled, loud enough for George to hear.

"Yeah!" he yelled back, determination evident in his voice. Eva threw the frisbee, watching it fly through the air and, annoyingly enough, into George's hands. With a smug look, George threw it back, and Eva realised maybe slightly too late that she would have to run to catch it. Of course, she started to run, but the frisbee inevitably hit the ground, causing George to cheer. 

With fake annoyance, Eva ran to George, who was running to the picnic blanket, and tackled him on that very blanket. Grinning, Eva was on top of a very happy George, who had his hand on the neck of the bottle of wine.

"Fancy a glass?" he asked, still unable to get up. He was trying not to laugh. After thinking for a moment, she rolled off of him and nodded, getting two plastic wine glasses out that she had bought at Tesco previously. George poured the red wine into the wine glasses, putting the bottle beside them and putting his arm around Eva again.

"How would you feel about making us official?" George asked as he handed Eva her glass. 

"I would love to, George," Eva went red and couldn't contain her happiness, kissing him. He chuckled and held his glass up.

"Then this is to us - I love you, Eva. I don't ever want this day to end,"

"I love you too, George. To us," and they clinked their glasses, staying at the park and casually drinking until late that night, happier than they had ever felt.

here's a long chapter, and hopefully you've enjoyed it! thank you for reading, please vote if you enjoyed and feel free to leave a comment! x