16. Beth

crazy fucking ex
georgie, please message me back
i love you
i'm sorry for cheating on you
i'll make it up to you
i'll come over right now
i'm on my way, be there in a couple minutes
love you xoxo
seen

"I'm going to answer the door when she gets here," Eva smiled mischievously.

"Are you sure, Eva? She's...she's territorial," George held Eva's hand, squeezing it gently. She nodded.

"So am I. She's not stepping foot in this flat."

Eva and George knew that Beth would have no problem getting past security as George had whitelisted her when they were together, and by the time they called security, Beth would already be on her way up. Eva was determined to show Beth that George had moved on and upgraded. Massively.

They left Eva's bedroom together and looked at James.

"James, do you mind going into my bedroom for a minute or so? Beth is making a surprise visit," Eva smiled, sitting on the sofa. George couldn't help but feel appreciative and loved by how defensive Eva was getting over him. It really made him feel special, and it was different to how Beth would do it.

Beth was a jealous person - no woman could be near George without getting yelled at, which would make George angry and they would argue. Eva wasn't jealous, but protective. She had never met this Beth, but loathed her. It confused her how she would cheat on George. Why would anyone not think that he's enough?

James went to her bedroom with a smile on his face also. He could easily recognise how much healthier this 'defensive' was compared to Beth's take on the word. He was happy knowing how good Eva was for George.

Knock knock knock. George glanced at Eva, who smiled cheerfully as she got up. With the smile showing no signs of fading, she opened the door.

Eva didn't realise how beautiful Beth was when reading the text messages. She had blonde hair that complemented her skin tone, with makeup skills that Eva couldn't compete with. Her outfit hugged her stunning figure, but her expression was sour.

"Who are you? Why are you at my boyfriend's flat?" she asked, acidity dripping from every word. It made Eva wince slightly.

"Oh hi! I'm Eva! I live with George, you know? Flatmates. I moved in a couple weeks ago, actually. Oh, and he's my boyfriend, you cheating skank," in contrast to Beth's acidity, Eva's voice leaked bubbliness and bubblegum.

James tried, but failed, to muffle his laugh from the bedroom. George also was holding back a laugh as he went to the front door and put his arm around Eva's waist.

"Hey Beth, good to see you again. You look better than the last time I saw you. When was that, again?" George stopped to 'think', earning a grin from Eva. "Oh! It was when you came home covered in hickeys and I kicked you out. Good times, huh?"

"Sounds like you two had a great time, and I'm so sorry to cut that time short, but George and I were actually in the middle of something! Hope we can chat soon, though," Eva smiled sweetly still, putting her hand on the door to close it.

"Oh fuck off, you clapped little sket. Bet you're only with George for the fucking clout," Beth retorted, glaring at Eva.

Eva didn't need to use her words to reply. She turned to face George and kissed him. He kissed her back, and, using her foot, Eva closed the door on Beth.

thank u for reading and for supporting the story, no hate to beth, she seems so lovely irl x