12. The Date, Part 1

The sun blared down on Eva and George as they left their tower and walked towards George's car. The sky, gorgeously clear, made for the perfect surprise date.

"Where am I driving you then?" he asked, unlocking the car and getting in. Eva got into the car and sat on the passenger seat.

"Tesco, it's my favourite shop," Eva grinned, to which George rolled his eyes playfully.

"A lot of girls love New Look, Primark, Lush, but I'm stuck with one who's favourite shop is Tesco?" He started the car and began the drive to the closest Tesco, which was about 20 minutes away.

Eva fiddled with the radio until she found a station that she liked, and then sat back in her seat. As George drove, they made smalltalk, and he tried to find out what this 'casual date' was. It couldn't be a trip to Tesco, surely?

"You wait in the car, I won't be long," Eva said as she got out of the car with her purse. George grinned as he realised what hoodie Eva was wearing - she must have accidentally put on his Wagwan Pifting hoodie on instead of her own merch. She hadn't realised.

Eva browsed the aisles of Tesco, searching for food that she liked and that she assumed George liked. She couldn't forget the cheeky bottle of wine - red, of course - that would accompany them. Truthfully, Eva had always wanted the perfect rom-com date, and, as someone with little dating experience, wasn't completely sure on how to go about it.

"Wagwan pifting, what's your bbm pin?" a boy said to her. He must have been about 14, and Eva was incredibly confused. He had a grin on his face, scruffy hair and was wearing a jumper that said she exact same thing as hers.

"What?" she asked, incredibly confused as to why she was being told George's iconic line. She brushed a few strands of hair out of her face and looked at the boy.

"Your hoodie?" he pointed at the wording, making Eva look down. She went bright red.

"Oh, fuck."

Eva, still embarrassed, got into the car with a bag of shopping. George looked at her bright red face and laughed.

"When were you going to tell me I'm wearing your hoodie?" she groaned, gently slapping his leg.

"When you told me where we're going for our date," he retorted, grinning. "At least we're matching,"

"You're a bellend,"

"I might be a bellend, Eva, but I'm your bellend," he put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek. Eva nodded, smiling and somehow blushing.

thank you for reading! would like to thank a couple wonderful people for being absolute angels:

taigachann - thank you so much for the comments and support! it really motivates me to write, even if my writing is not brilliant, and i'm so glad you're loving the story! thank you x

freyandtalia - thank you for the cover, it really warmed my heart that you made it and it's such an improvement! im so grateful, thank you x

if anyone ever wants to chat, my twitter is @/willlenneyx, promise i don't bite! x

thank you again for reading, if you enjoyed please vote and comment x