W-who?

"That's it about the rule, now let's start the first game... I need three people to go near the door."

The masked man chose three people and told them to go to the door. One of them was a young adult with brown hair and eyes. He wore jeans and a casual outfit as if he was just about going on a date.

A girl was standing beside him. She was surprised when the boy was chosen, she tried frantically to stop him from being picked

"N-no way, Dale... Chose me instead!" She said.

"You've heard the rule, no substitute." The masked man glared at her menacingly.

The boy glanced at the masked man and looked back at the girl. Slowly, Dale hugged her and said, "Don't worry Layla, we'll survive this."

"D-Dale..."

"I don't need drama, now go." the masked man said while looking annoyed.

"It'll be a cinch, see you soon."

"Yeah..." Layla smiled while holding back her tears.

Deep inside, Dale was also scared of what was going to happen to him. A man just died in front of him, this isn't a prank. But he needed to do something to make sure he and the girl he likes survives. And from the rule that the masked man just stated, there's a chance that all of them could survive.

He needs to survive, no, he must survive the first game. If not then, who will protect Layla?

He builds up his courage and walked to the door bravely. The other two followed while trembling in fear.

"hehe...." Suddenly someone laughed behind them. They stopped walking to see who it was.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA..." he laughed loudly.

"Hmm? So, one people had gone crazy huh... the first game hasn't even started yet." The masked man calmly said. It looks like it isn't the first time this had happened.

The masked man was about to signal the other man in the room to execute the laughing man, but before he finished to do so, suddenly an explosion happened somewhere and the place shook heavily.

From the TV, they saw a person behind the masked man frantically ran to him and said, "The nullifier exploded!"

"Tch," the masked man clicked his tongue, "A magician huh... Do the usual procedure."

"Y-yes, sir!"

"Too late." The laughing young man from before said.

Clang... clang...

One by one, the bracelet that was stuck on everyone's hand fell.

"H-huh?" The people in the room were surprised. Looking at the bracelet in his hand wore off, Dale quickly ran into Layla's side.

"Layla!" he quickly hugged her. But before they could even chat in relief, the young man continued

"Well then... Why don't we play a game?" he said while wickedly smiled at the TV as he held two of his hands up to his side.

As he said that, all the people in the room vanished except him.