Basic Principle of Magic

Magic, in its most basic form, is usually called psychokinesis.

We use magic by moving around particle and matter in the world.

For example, we create water and fire by using oxygen in the air, we use earth magic by moving the earth itself we use healing magic by accelerating the cells in the body and so on. It requires very complex calculation to do so, and people making it easier by using magic circles and incantations. Inside every magic circle and incantation is a very complex calculation about moving matters.

The gods usually taught the people on their world about the magic circles and incantation, and people advanced it by combining them. There are also other types of magic, usually called the magic of gods. It was a type of magic that defies common sense. They usually consist of time-space magic and creation magic.

That's why magic is actually pretty hard to use.

A good magician would've learned how to shorten incantation and magic circles, and the best magician in their own world would be able to cast high-class magic by just saying a few sentences.

Magic without incantation is deemed impossible for a human to do so. Because calculating every single thing that happened around you would probably make you go crazy. Though there are some exceptions. It's the skill called [Instant Calculation].

With that, you can calculate almost everything in an instant. I said "almost" because it only calculates things that you know.

For example, even when you have that skill, if you don't know calculus, you can't solve a calculus problem that requires calculating. And it also gives a big burden on your mind.

Well, with instant calculation, I'm able to do chantless magics. I usually snapped my finger to help me ease the burden on my mind. Though it's just suggestion method, like gripping something when you talk in front of the class to ease your nervousness, surprisingly it works pretty well.

Because of the basic principle of magic itself, there are also methods that could be used to jam or cancel magic.

Psychokinesis works by us sending information waves to particle around us and makes them do what we want. By doing so, we also send information waves to other people in the vicinity, and that's one of the big weakness in the system. If other people know what we're going to cast, they could also send a negative value of the information we send, thus canceling both our magic. That's the basic principle of magic jamming equipment and abilities.

Even though it sounds easy, it's actually pretty hard to pull off, especially against a powerful magician which can activate his magic in a few seconds. You must calculate the negative value of the information sent even faster than that if you wish to cancel it.

So, if they can cancel something that I cast instantly, it could only mean that...

The one doing it is a machine, it's a magic jamming equipment. There's no way someone could detect, check the magic type, and devise a counterspell instantly.

This world is even more advanced than I had originally thought.

But of course, there's no such thing as absolutes. Even the anti-magic device has a weakness, and it's actually quite simple.

It would notify them immediately though. Now, what should I do...