Unusual Magic Circle

It was night like this. A portal suddenly appeared below me. But instead of the usual white light, it was pure black.

Modified Summoning Circle huh...

The normal summoning circle should have a white color. It's because a summoning circle actually works two ways, in and out. You can go from both sides and ends up on the other side, the circle got its white colors from the light that was absorbed from one side, and it was emitted to the other side.

So, a black summoning circle means that it only works one way. From this side to the other side. Just like a black hole, it absorbs things from this side and didn't let anything come back.

It was an unwritten rule that summoning circle should be two ways, so the people summoned to another world could choose to come back or stay on another world after they're done with the business.

Engulfed by curiosity, I entered the portal right away.

"Oh, another one came." Someone said as I stepped out of the portal.

Looks like I'm not the only one summoned. Actually, there's quite a number of people here. We're now inside an empty room. The room is spacious, but there's nothing in here except other people that got summoned, and a door leading outside.

I noticed that everyone, including me, was using a bracelet.

They even added a function to the magic circle? This world is more advanced than I thought.

"What is this place?" I asked the biggest guy around.

"Like you, we were suddenly appeared in this place. Damn, even though I finally have a date tomorrow." He answered.

Looking around once again, I noticed that there were multiple cameras and sound transmitter in the dark corners of the room, hidden. Looks like the only way to get out is from the door.

I approached the door, hoping to open it.

The big guy noticed me and said, "Don't bother, I tried to open it but it won't budge."

"We've been trapped here for a few hours and people keeps coming out of nowhere." Another one said.

Hmm, I've never been in this kind of world before. Trapping the summoned people without an explanation? I wondered.

Suddenly, the TV in the room turned on and a creepy man using mask showed up.

"Welcome everyone."

"H-huh?" Everyone was surprised.

"Welcome and congratulations! You have been chosen to participate in a very special game." the masked man continued

"A game? Is this some kind of TV show?" people started murmuring.

After waiting for a few hours, and being fed with non-sense. Someone finally run out of patience, "Are you kidding me? Where are we?"

The masked man calmly answered, "I already told you, you're all inside a game."

"Don't mess with me! I have a date this afternoon, send me back right now!" He yelled once again.

The masked man sighed. He brought his right hand in front of the screen and...

Snap

The yelling man suddenly stopped talking.

"U-Urgh..." He writhed in pain.

After piecing the puzzle, I finally get the full picture.

I see, so this is that kind of world huh...