CHAPTER 26: What Now?

PETER

"How could you betray me?!" I yelled at my wolf while inside of my room. 

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. Ever since a few years ago, I have not been the same and I have tried to hide what's going on with me because I was hoping I'd be able to have it all figured out and fixed before you had noticed, but I guess not. I am so sorry if I have failed you Alpha. I'd understand if you got rid of me and asked the Moon Goddess to see if she'd give you another wolf." He tells me with so much pain in his voice. 

First off, it's really hard to get another wolf, in fact, it's close to impossible. Second of all, has been my wolf forever and it's partially my fault too for not paying enough attention to notice something was wrong and off with him. 

"I'm not going to replace you. It's just, we need to figure out when and how exactly this began as well as where too." I assure him. 

I then hear my wolf start to growl a little as we heard Jenny downstairs, talking with Rosemary and my mom. In fact, it almost sounded like they were yelling. 

I quickly head downstairs to see what's going on and I now see my sister starting to yell at Jenny while Rosemary holds Sophie back. 

"You fucking bitch! What the hell is the matter with you?! You and your father are both dead, so you hear me?!" She threatens her as she removes her arms from Rosemary's grasp. 

"That's enough!" Mom snaps at Sophie. "Beating or killing them won't be happening, you are better than that Sophie. At least she told us." 

"Told you what?" I asked. 

Everyone looks at me with Jenny avoiding eye contact with me. 

"Peter, Jenny has just told us why your wolf doesn't like Rosemary. Her father paid a warlock to place a spell on your wolf to never accept your mate because her father you to be her mate." Mom starts to explain. 

"What are you talking about? When could this have happened and how?" I asked still confused and upset. 

I look at Jenny while waiting for her to start explaining. 

"Do you remember a couple of days before we left town? You and I had one last picnic together and I told you I had found my mate?" She asks. 

"Yes." I replied while instantly remembering that day. 

"Well, my father was upset that you weren't my mate and your necklace that you gave me to remember you and our friendship by, well he stole it one night while I was sleeping and apparently had taken it to a warlock that was able to cast a spell on your wolf from the fingerprints that were on it. I sweat though that I didn't know about any of this until recently after I overheard my father talking to a friend of his and he mentioned it." She begins to cry. 

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I snapped at her. 

"I'm so sorry." She cries out. 

"Peter, she didn't know and as soon as she found out, she came here to tell us." My mom points out. 

"Yeah, but...." I started but she stopped me. 

"No, 'buts', just...." She stops herself and then looks like she has realized something then had a panicked look on her face and turned back to look at Jenny. 

"What?" Jenny asks scared. 

"Does your father know you're here or that you came to tell us?" She asks her. 

"No, I snuck out." Jenny replies. 

My mom then looks at the door in front of the castle and stares at it. 

"Peter, you and Sophie please take Jenny and Rosemary upstairs now." She says fearfully. 

"Mom?" Sophie began to protest. 

"Go! Now!" Our mom turns to snap at us before looking back at the door. "Lock your door and whatever you hear, don't come out." She calls out to us as we're making our way quickly up the stairs and head into my room, locking the door behind me. 

Then as soon as I lock the door, I hear a big loud thud, like something heavy fell to to the ground. Then there was nothing but silence. 

Sophie and I had to see what was going on, so we told Rosemary and Jenny to stay in the room and lock the door behind us while we went down to see if mom needed help. Since dad was still out with his pack, escorting Rosemary's father to his friends house that would try and help us. 

When we got downstairs, we continued to cautiously walk towards where our mom was at and both Sophie and I look at each other in shock as we saw that not just the front door had been broken down but things were scattered and broken all over the ground everywhere. However, our mom was nowhere to be found and even our guards looked to have been killed but, had no marks on them. It had to have been from dark magic. 

"Oh my god." My sister starts to cry. 

"It's gonna be okay Soph, I promise we need to mind-link dad and tell him what happened, he'll know what to do." I tell her. 

She just nods her head in agreement as she begins to cry. 

This would have been a great time to have Jasper here, but he went with dad. 

I'm not exactly sure who broke in and took my mom but may god have mercy on them when I get a hold of them. 

I hear Rosemary run up to me, leaving Jenny in the room still. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" She asks before taking a look around. "Oh my god." She says before stopping and looking at the wall next to me.