CHAPTER 1: Peter

PETER

"Keep up old man."  I teased my dad through mind-link as he chases me through the woods towards our castle. 

"I may be older but I'm still gonna beat you home."  He says. 

"We'll see about that."  I tell him while speeding up. 

My dad and I have both been testing each other's speed ever since I first shifted into my wolf at the age of six. 

Both him and my parents were excited and very proud that I had shifted. In particular, my dad. Mostly because he couldn't wait to start my training and neither could I. 

While my mother was training Sophie, my father was training me and preparing me to one day take his title. 

I could see the opening into the woods that's located behind our castle as I give all I have to reach the castle before my dad.  I looked around and didn't see him. So I started putting on the clothes that I had by a tree for me.  I began walking towards the castle and thought I had beaten him until I saw my dad come walking out, taking a bite from a green apple. 

"It's about time your slow ass showed up." My dad told me as he leaned against the doorway with a smile of victory on his face. 

"How the hell did you beat me?!"  I stopped while surprised. 

"I told you before, you can't beat me." He says with a wink and then heads back inside. 

Ugh, this was so annoying. I have yet to beat my dad in running and I hate it when he does things like that by waiting for me and acting as though he has waited all day for me. One of these days, I'm gonna beat him. 

As soon as I walked inside, I could smell the delicious and mouth watering aroma of bacon and began making my way towards the kitchen. Although I immediately regret it as soon as I notice both my parents making out with each other like they're a bunch of horny teenagers. 

Don't get me wrong, I like that my parents are in love with each other just as much as they were with each other after eventually getting together. 

I personally don't plan on being like my dad. Even though I have the same reputation as an Alpha just as he did at my age, when it comes to finding my mate, I don't want to be an asshole to her and I want to treat her right from the beginning.

"Really guys? Every morning?" I interrupt them. 

They both look at me and laugh. 

"Oh stop it. You're gonna do the same thing with your mate too." My mom tells me. 

"Yeah, but I'll at least make sure nobody loses their breakfast over it." I remark. 

She rolls her eyes and hands me a plate of bacon and eggs. 

"Here sweetie." She tells me. 

"Thanks mom." I tell her. 

"You're welcome." She smiles. "Oh and don't forget that you need to get your sister from school later." She reminds me. 

"Alright." I agree and start eating. 

"Alright well, I've gotta get ready for a meeting with the pack in a little bit. I'll see ya later my love." My dad says to mom. 

While walking off, my mom leans over the counter real quick and lowers her voice as she tells me a secret. 

"Hey, if you wanna know how to beat your father home next time, I can tell you the path I discovered. a couple years back." She stops as soon as we hear our father call out from the staircase.

"I can hear you babe." My dad says. 

My mom just rolls her eyes and winks at me as she cleans up the dishes. 

"I'll tell you later." She mouths. 

After finishing up my breakfast, I take a shower and get ready to head out with Jasper to meet up with the pack. Once we finished dropping off Sophie at school. 

Jasper is my Second in Command (aka Beta) and has been my best friend since we were in second grade. He's got tattoos, muscles, short brown hair that's always slicked back and a couple of piercings in his ears. 

"Come on Soph, I need to meet up with the guys." I yell up to her from the bottom of the stairs. 

"I'm coming, sheesh. Don't need to shout!" She says as she comes walking down the stairs. 

I roll my eyes in annoyance knowing that she took forever cause she knows how I am with being on time to things.  But I love her, she's my sister. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Sorry that it's short, but I wanted to start off the first chapter kind of short and sweet. However, don't worry, they wont all be this short. lol. Again, I hope you enjoy and next chapter will be posted very soon and will be from Sophie's POV.