CHAPTER 18: Peter

When Rosemary and I arrived at the castle, we both looked at each other as we took a deep breath and let it out before walking inside. 

I had mind-linked my mom to let her know that I was coming with Rosemary and that we needed to tell dad about her. She made sure that also Sophie and Jasper were there too. 

As soon as we walked inside, I could overhear both my parents, Sophie and Jasper all talking loudly in the living room about something. It sounded almost like they were arguing. 

"Maybe this isn't a good time." I hear Rosemary tell me. 

"No, it's alright. Come on." I tell her as I continue holding her hand as we start walking towards the living room. 

They all stop talking when Sophie and mom both look at me and then dad and Jasper do the same. 

"Peter!" My dad says upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. 

He looks over at Rosemary and begins to glare at her before looking back at me with a clenched jaw. 

"Is it true?" He asks trying to keep his composure. 

"Is what true?" I played dumb. 

"Don't lie to me!" He snaps at me. 

"Dad, it's no big deal." I tell him before looking over at mom and Sophie. "And I thought I told you guys not to tell him because me and Rosemary were going to." 

My dad looks behind him at mom and Sophie. 

"You both knew?" He asked them. 

Sophie and my mom looked at the ground and avoided eye contact with him. 

"Dad, it's not their fault." I begin to tell him. 

"You're damn right it isn't their fault! It's YOURS! You have no idea what  you have done!" He snaps at me. "I WILL however will deal with you two later." He says through clenched teeth as he looks back at them both. 

"Wait, I'm confused. If they didn't tell you then who did?" I asked curious. "Was it Jenna?" I asked feeling anger begin to grow deep inside of me. 

"Worse. HER father!" He says as he snaps his head towards Rosemary. 

Rosemary has a terrified look on her face and turns pale. 

"H-how?" Rosemary asks. 

"He contacted me. He's on his way back from his trip and says that if he catches my son near you again, he'll torture not just my family and have me watch, but..." He stops himself for a brief moment. "Let's just say it'll be worse." He finishes. 

"But dad, she is nothing like her father." I try and tell him. "Besides, he can't do that because she's my mate! I blurt out making everyone gasp. 

"What did you say?" He asks. 

"She's my mate, dad." I tell him in a lower tone. 

"But son, she can't be. You have no idea what she's capable of." He tries telling me with a sympathetic look. 

"Really dad? Whatever happened to not judging others from where they come from? And how about you and mom? At least I don't deny or treat my mate like shit!" I snap at him. 

"PETER!" Mom and Sophie say in unison.

I can tell he's about to snap and soon he does as I feel him raise his fist and us both beginning to growl at one another and getting ready to shift until my mom and sister come to hold us back. 

"ELI, NO!" I hear mom yell out as she catches his fist and holds him back. 

It was in that moment that I realize what I just said to him and begin feeling bad. Although on the other hand, he never should have disrespected Rosemary. 

"Sophie and Jasper, please take both Peter and Rosemary upstairs. I'll let you all know when it's safe to come back down." She tells us. 

"Mom..." I begin to apologize to her for snapping at dad that way and saying what I did but she stopped me. 

"Just go upstairs." She tells me as she avoids looking at me. 

While making my way upstairs, I feel calm as I feel Rosemary place her hand in mine. 

I smirk at her but am too embarrassed and ashamed to have snapped like that in front of her and everyone else. Damnit, why does this have to be so tough? I'm in love with my mate who is in love with me and accepts the fact that we are different from one another but don't care. 

Please Moon Goddess, help us. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

I know it's a short chapter but I kind of wanted to leave it as Peter says what he did to Eli to be the last thing. I wonder what type of powers Rosemary really possess that makes her not just a big target to others but that can become a threat to werewolves. Maybe his dad is right, he doesn't know what kind of a witch Rosemary is and once he finds out, it could ruin their future of being mates with one another. :(