CHAPTER 5: Leah

Once dinner was over and dishes were done, Eli and I headed upstairs in our bedroom to get ready to lay down and relax. 

While removing our clothes to change into our pajamas, I could tell he was upset. Most likely with Sophie in her showing him she isn't the little five year old anymore that he had attached to his hip all the time.

"So, that was a nice dinner." I said trying to break the silence.

"Hmm." He huffs.

"Honey you really need to understand where she's coming from." I try and tell him.

"Oh I know where she's coming from. That's why I don't like it. And don't tell me I'm overreacting cause I'm not." He tells me. 

"Baby. I don't know about you but i'd rather her tell us where she's going than to not." I point out. 

"But why not stop her before? I mean I can lock her in the dungeon if I wanted to." He says in a serious tone. 

"Stop it." I look at him. 

"I'm serious. I know that one day she's supposed to find her mate but and I know that she can take care of herself from everything you and I taught her. But there's still that part of me as her father that the only way to protect her is to keep her locked away. If there was a way for me to stop her from growing up so damn fast, I would do that. Shit, when she first got her period, I was upset because I knew that that meant she wasn't a little girl anymore. Then now with the parties and..." 

"I understand sweetie. But remember that both Peter and Jasper offered to take her. And as far as you being an overprotective father, that just means you care. But you just need to let go a little bit. Trust her to do the right things and to learn from her mistakes. That's all we can really do. Otherwise, she'll rebel and who knows what would happen then. And I'm not telling you to stop loving or caring so much about her, we're supposed to because we want to. But we also need to keep in mind that she no longer wears tiny pigtails but make up and wavy long hair." I smile at him as I walk up and wrap my arms over his shoulders as we look into each other's eyes before I give him a kiss. 

"Mmmm." He smiles. "How do you do that?" He asks me. 

"Do what?" I smiled. 

"How do you make me not be mad or upset anymore? You still have the same effect on me as you did the first moment I met you." 

"Yeah, except that you're not fighting it anymore." I smirk.

"I love you so much." He tells me. 

"I love you too." 

We kiss each other again only after what started off being a passionate kiss, quickly turned into a lustful one as we began removing each other's PJ's and start making love to each other. 

***********************************************************************************************

Few Days Later.....

It was the night of the party that Sophie had been talking about nonstop and I was really excited for her. 

While I was carrying mine and Eli's bed sheets downstairs to wash, I stopped when I noticed Sophie and Jasper kissing one another. 

I kept myself out of their view as I stood there around the corner, a few feet away from them and overheard them quietly tell one another that they love each other and that they're happy they are each others'......mates?

Uh oh. Eli nor Peter better find out about this. They both will kill Jasper or torture him until he slowly died. Then lock up Sophie forever. 

Awww, my baby has found her mate already and to be honest, it couldn't be a better person. We all loved Jasper and have accepted him as part of our family already.  

I hear Jasper's footsteps coming closer and I panic a little hoping they don't catch me and all I could think of last minute was to pretend that I never heard anything and just continue to make my way into the laundry room. 

"Hey you two." I smiled but not to where it was too obvious I overheard them. 

They both at first looked at me a little nervous but then Jasper said 'hi' and 'bye' before leaving to catch up with Peter. 

"He is so nice." I comment while winking at her and continuing through the hallway towards the laundry room. 

Then while I'm putting the sheets into the dryer and begin folding towels, I hear Sophie. 

"Mom?" She asks. 

"Yeah?" I turned around to face her. 

"I know that you overheard me and Jasper saying we were mates." She tells me with a look of worry. 

"Don't worry sweetie. I won't tell your father or Peter but, you know they aren't stupid and the sooner you tell them, the better." I suggest. 

"I know. Just not yet."

"I understand. But I want you to know that they love you. They're only that protective because they care about you and love you very much."

"I know. It's just, well, I know that with dad, it will be hard because I know I'm his little Princess." 

"You'll always be his little Princess, no matter how old you get. And when the time comes to tell both of them, if you want, I can be there and I'm sure you'll find the right words." I assure her. 

"Thanks mom." She smiles and we hug each other. 

"You're welcome sweetie." I kiss the top of her head as I hold her in my arms fighting back tears of my own now as I too am not ready to see neither one of our kids grow up yet. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)