five | a fisherman's trap

Start from the beginning

'' I'm not saying that you are my groupie. You're more like a right hand woman. You're worthy of the title, most definitely, '' he responded and winked at me. My eyes slightly widened with surprise and a satisfied smirk formed on his face before he continued walking. He pulled up the entrance of the abandoned building that was right at the end of the one way street. We stepped inside a huge garage and I couldn't help it but to hold my breath in amazement at the sight of all the cars that were around me.

They were ranging from the worst pieces of junk that I've ever seen, the race cars that I thought existed only in the movies. Some of them seemed ready for the road, while others were still in the process of being built or improved. They were doing everything in that large garage, from making the engine of the car stronger, to simply replacing a license plate. The air smelled of car paint, oil and fuel and some old rock song was playing from a speaker that was placed on a large table covered with different papers.

A group of men was in the middle of their work and they didn't notice us when we first walked in the garage. Baekhyun was still limping because of the wound on his leg, so the sound of his uneven steps eventually caught their attention. One of them turned their heads and his eyes grew wide with shock at the sight of Cobra. '' Baekhyun? Is that really you? ''

Baekhyun once told me that he came from nothing, just like I did and that day I found out about his history.

'' Once you know what it's like to fall to the very bottom and you get a taste of true filth, you will do everything that it takes to never get back. ''

Baekhyun was the son of a drug addicted prostitute. After she died of an overdose he became homeless and did he best to survive by stealing. Everything changed when he met Seha, a man who was also known as chief. He was the boss of the garage where they did modifications on stolen cars and he was the one that gave Baekhyun a roof over his head. He tried to keep him away from the life of crime, but the temptation of the world of the mafia was too strong. Baekhyun became one of the two main bosses in the Seoul area, but he still never forgot where he came from.

That day the two of us visited Seha to get a car from him. Baekhyun said that the chief was storing a special something that belonged to him. It was located at the very back of the dimly lit garage and covered by an old blanked. I could hardly believe my eyes when they pulled it off the vehicle and revealed a black Ferrari. Baekhyun also started jumping up and clapping in excitement. It was like he suddenly went back to being a twelve year old and I couldn't help it but to grin when he started running around the Ferrari, touching the smooth front of the car and checking if there were any scratches on it.

Seho appeared by my side and I turned my head at the sound of his voice. He was a man well in his fifties, with grey hair and a pair of glasses resting on his nose. There was a certain fondness in his eyes when he looked at Baekhyun and it was clear that he thought of the mafia leader as his own son. '' You know, to tell you the truth, I wasn't that surprised when I saw Baekhyun. I knew that he wasn't dead, he's a bastard who would not get himself killed that easily. I was much more surprised when I saw someone like you by his side. ''

I snorted in laughter and shot him a doubtful look. '' A woman? I'm sure that Baekhyun was always surrounded by them, chief. There's no need for you to flatter me, even if I will accept your compliment. ''

He chuckled when I arrogantly flipped my hair over my shoulder and shook his head. '' That's not what I'm talking about. I meant a woman like you. I know who you are. You are one of the most wanted criminals in this city. That's why I'd never expect to find you next to Baekhyun. Is that what you call hiding in plain sight? ''