08

▂▂▂▂

Theo's screams came to a stop and he tried to catch his breath back. He moved slowly out of my arms, lifting his head from his hands. I cupped his face in my own hands, seeing blood dripping down his nose, "Are you okay?"

I wiped my dark sleeve across the red liquid as he spoke, "I've never seen anything like it before."

"You had a vision?" I asked, a bit stupidly because of course he had, "What happened?"

"It's Hope." Theo told me. I could see the fear behind his eyes, "Mom, it's really bad."

I could feel my heart begin to race as my mind went through every possible outcome, "What is it, Theo?"

"She -- "

"Cassie?!" I could hear a tinny voice yelling. My head spun to my phone that I'd dropped on the floor. I scrambled forward and picked it up to my ear.

"Klaus." I responded.

"What's happening?" He rushed, "Is Theo okay?"

I looked over to our son, who was wiping his nose with a tissue as he sat back on his bed, "He had a vision."

"Of what?" Klaus asked.

"I'm not sure yet." I replied, "I'll call you back soon and tell you everything."

"Cassie?" He spoke to stop me from ending the call.

"Yeah?" I softly questioned.

"Be safe." Klaus exhaled. I could hear the worry in his voice, "All of you."

"You too." I responded. The call ended and I slipped the phone into my pocket as I moved back towards Theo. He lifted his head to look at me, the fear still set in his eyes.

"Hope will be the downfall of everything." Theo said, causing my eyes to widen, "The result of her existence creates the deadliest natural disasters and the finale... is the death of every firstborn."

▂▂▂▂

"Are you gonna tell dad about Hope?" Theo asked as we walked across his school field. I had suggested getting some fresh air after his vision and the news he'd delivered. I still wasn't exactly sure what it meant, but it definitely sounded bad.

"I think it's best for him to focus on finding Hayley at the moment." I told him, "But I will."

"It was horrendous, mom." Theo said before he shook his head. He inhaled and exhaled a deep breath before meeting my gaze, "Can we talk about something else for a while?"

"Okay." I agreed. My eyes flickered to the many supernatural students across the Salvatore School field. There were several playing soccer, others were playing games, talking, eating and reading grimoires, "So, are any of these people Charlie?"

Theo pressed his eyes shut and grumbled, "Seriously?"

"Come on," I playfully tapped his shoulder, "I only want to see what he looks like."

He sighed, coming to a halt. Theo nodded towards a picnic bench and I followed his gaze, "The raven-haired one."

I locked my eyes on the young teenage boy amongst a few other students. His hair was longish and dark, which made his skin look paler than it was. Charlie's eyes flickered to someone sat across from him which flashed his eye colour - a light blue.