31. Show 'Em How It's Done

"Will you stop getting your nasty hair on me?!"

"It's not my fault your feet are too small for you to walk on your own,"

"Well control your hair!"

"You're just jealous cos I have awesome silky hair while you're bald,"

She bit my neck.

I just took it as a sign of victory over our little banter.

Cara navigated the hallways and turns while I was the mule who had to carry her around.

"If you knew all these, then why exactly did you need me to help in rescuing Riley?" I asked

"Duh? I didn't want to walk all the way," She answered, "Now do you remember what I told you?"

"Yeah yeah, tall scary guy with the sunken eyes is Viktor Ermak, Ashley is highly dangerous although not a match for Riley, we need a copy of all files on the Project Silver to report to the higher authorities and shut the facility down, also burning up every last thing down to a pebble so they'll have nothing to start over with." I recited, "But above all, save Riley and Svetlana,"

"Acceptable," Cara murmured.

A guard approached and I quickly hid in a random room. When I was sure he'd passed, I opened the door and peeped just to be sure....

"Boo!"

I nearly jumped out of my skin while Cara snickered at the prank she pulled on me.

"Cut it out Cara, you're gonna get us caught!" I scolded

"Oh please, you squealed like a pig on a sugar high! Bwahahahaha!"

"Shut up and tell me where next to go."

"Fine, head down the corridor and take a right. Her holding cell should be the only thing in that entire wing,"

"How did you get all that?"

"She hacked into their database," Cara answered coolly.

A vague memory of the first day I talked to her resurfaced. She had told me she was hacking into the Russian military database and at first, I thought she'd been kidding.
This answers it, I think.

When I was down said corridor, I took my right only to come head on with about a dozen armed men standing guard in front of a single door. They all had their fingers on the trigger and looked like they wouldn't hesitate to shoot any unauthorized, unrecognized person.
I ducked swiftly before they could spot me, "What do we do now?!" I whispered at Cara.

"You tell me. You're the human,"

Not this again.

I rolled my eyes at the unhelpful chameleon, but in the process of rolling, I noticed something on the ceiling,

"Sprinklers!"

"Wesley, what are you talking about?"

I pointed to the ceiling and her gaze followed my hand, she snorted, "Yes, they're sprinklers, haven't you seen them before?"

"You know, for a proud robot who claims to be better than everything, you're pretty dumb," I told her, earning a snarl. Ignoring her, I explained, "Those sprinklers are triggered by smoke, we just have to find a way to trigger them s -"

"-so we'll just get wet and alert them to our presence while we're at it?" She interrupted

" -so we'll create enough water puddles to electrocute them with a very handy Thunder Lizard," I finished.