Inch (Armin Arlert x OC)

It was quoted once that when someone is in a tight spot in their lives and often lose everything that they really see what they're made of. That when they possess nothing more than an inch, one's true self with come out. An inch. It's small, fragile and the only thing in the world worth having. It should never be lost, or sold, or given away. Because it's within an inch of any situation that a life can be saved or lost.

"Listen, just tell us where they are and we'll let you go." 

Janelle looks up at her captors through thick, dark blue hair. Her hazel eyes are sharp and cold. The Central Military Police had decided to capture the one person left in the Scouting Legion who had been close with Squad Levi. It was a dark night when Janelle was grabbed and carried off to the interrogation rooms. 

At first they had tried to play a nice angle, thinking she would crack immediately. That wasn't the case though, she may have been shy but she wasn't pathetic. Janelle kept her mouth shut and soon the nice act went away. They tortured her day in and day out for the information they wanted, the information she refused to give up. 

"Just leave her for today. Perhaps another day without food will loosen her tongue." Hah, fat chance of that. Like reduced food is really going to bother me.

The officers leave out of the cell and Janelle is left to lean against the wall, her deep bronzy skin soaked in fresh and dry flaking blood. Her hair hangs in dark tangles and her hazel eyes are swollen up and bruising again. Still she wasn't going to give in. Closing her eyes she smiles and thinks of him, the only thing that still made her want to fight. She wonders where he is now. Safe, hopefully.

"Hey come on you coward, speak up already! Aren't you tired of just taking it and saying nothing?" Connie Springer cackles, pulling Janelle's hair hard. 

She flinches but is too shy and scared to say anything. Despite joining the military recruits and surviving the basic training Janelle was still seen as someone who was weak; all because she wouldn't really speak to anyone or be forceful. It just wasn't in her nature to be outspoken or loud. She really was just a person who preferred to watch rather than jump into fights, unless it was against titans of course.

"Hey leave her alone Connie!"

The shaved headed male backs off for a moment as he sees Armin, Eren, and Mikasa standing there. He sighs and shrugs his shoulders, "Whatever, she was boring me anyways. Doesn't even bother to fight back."

Armin comes over to Janelle's side and helps her up, "Are you alright?"

She blushes and nods, "Y-yes... I'm okay." She whispers, looking down at her feet.

"Good. I'm glad you aren't hurt."

"Jeez Janelle you need to start learning to stand up for yourself! One of these days you're going to get into a situation where none of us will be around to help you! If you don't fight back then what are you going to do?" Eren groans, picking a piece of grass out of her hair.

Janelle looks at her feet, "Physical f-fighting isn't.... Isn't the only way to fight back." She says softly.

The Jaeger only shrugs, "Whatever you say, I still think you're pretty weak if you're not going to fight back. Then again that's just me."

Armin comes up next to Janelle and gently grabs her hand in a supportive way. She blushes and looks back down at their hands, she still couldn't get used to the idea of being in a relationship with him. He was just so wonderful and kind to her. She really didn't deserve him.