Father (Daddy!Levi x Mommy!Reader)

‘How was this possible?’ Levi thinks as he looks at his precious little bundle for the first time.

Alina was all swaddled up in a powder pink blanket that was a few shades too gaudy. The small newborn was crying while you rock her as best you can in your arms as you lay there upon the medical cot. Levi moves forward a bit and you smile up at him tiredly. “Levi, I’m tired. Can you hold her?” You ask.

Levi stares at you dumbly. What were you just asking him to do?

“Levi, do me a favor and fricking hold your daughter please.” You say with frayed patience.

The man hurries to comply as he holds his arms out stiffly. You shift forward a bit and place the small babe in his arms. However instead of bringing the baby to him securely the corporal simply stands there holding her like he would with a sack of feed that was just tossed to him. You roll your eyes, apparently your sleep would be held off for a bit longer.

“Levi, you’re holding her wrong.” You sigh.

He looks at you, “Exactly how am I supposed to hold her?” Alina suddenly begins to cry again and Levi’s eyes widen as he looks at you helplessly.

Just as you were going to sit up to show him your father, Erwin, along with Hanji come into the room. You groan and flop down against the bed, “Dad, please show Levi how to hold and calm Alina down. I really need to sleep.”

Erwin kisses your forehead, “Get some sleep. I promise I’ll help.”

Your eyes drift to a close and your breathing levels out, you’re gone.

Erwin turns to look at his son-in-law and subordinate who looked like he was about to be sick. Alina is squirming in his arms crying and he’s just holding her away from himself. Erwin shakes his head, this man could face titans and take down nearly a dozen in the blink of his eyes yet he can’t even hold his daughter without looking constipated.

“Levi, give me Alina.” He says. The flustered father hurriedly hands the squabbling child over, “Now, look,” He brings the child to his chest and gingerly holds the back of her head and underneath her legs. “Children, babies especially, want to know whoever is hold them has a firm, supporting hold.” He says.

Alina quiets a bit but really stops crying only when Erwin starts rocking her back and forth gently.

Levi soaks up everything he’s seeing and stores it away for later. Hopefully he wouldn’t be too bad at being a father.

LINEBREAK

“Levi, you’re holding her wrong again.”

“No! Levi you have to warm that up first!”

“Ah! That’s way too hot, that’ll burn Alina!”

“No, no, no, don’t try and force her to feed from the bottle there, hold it and let her go to it.”

“Levi, that’s not how you change a diaper…”

Levi takes a deep breath as he sits down on the couch in the living room and places his head in his hands. He wasn’t cut out for this, it was obvious in the way that he’s constantly having to be told what NOT to do. It’s not like he’d know anything about babies though. First being a criminal in the underground and then joining the military had left him with any time to even look into domestic things like that.

“Okay Levi, I have to go into the hospital wing for a bit to go and help out with a quick seminar with the newest cadets joining, I need you to watch Alina while I’m gone.” You say breathlessly as you flit around the living room grabbing up things here and there and shoving them into your bag.