Unexpected Rendezvous(Jean Kirstein x Oc)

Anna sighs as she jumps down from her horse and checks it over. She'd been called in by Corporal Levi to help train the new recruits who came from the 104th trainee's squad. Honestly she wondered why she was being called in but at the same time she was kind of glad. Being able to do something other than stand around was a bit nice. As it was she would be helping with teaching the newbies the expedition formations and how flare signals worked. 

Patting down her saddle she gives her horse an apple and turns around to see the Corproal glaring at her, "Tch, how long are you doing to take?"

"Sorry, but I had to fix a small problem with the gear, one of the straps had ben placed on incorrectly."

"Just get out to the field, you have the bottom right flank."

Anna nods, "Alright, I've got it." She takes the flare gun he's holding out to her and then mounts her horse.

Kicking her horse into gear she rides over to where her part of the formation was. Coming to a halt she was surprised to see that there were so many new troops. Coming down off of her horse she decides now would probably be a good time to adress them and just get to know one another.

"Hey guys, I'm Anna Furcht, a member of the 103rd trainee squad. I graduated into the ranks last year and I'm here to help you learn the ropes of the formations we use in expeditions. It's imperative you pay attention today because I don't think any of you want to be on the other side of a titan's jaws." 

The guy on the right grimaces and glares at her, uh-oh what did she say now? Turning to him she arches an auburn colored brow, "Sorry, did I say something to offend you?"

"Talking about being eaten is nothing to laugh at, Anna. My best friend was killed that way." He snaps, light brown eyes settling on her.

"What's your name cadet?" She asks, pulling rank despite probably being a few months older than him.

He tips his head up a bit, "Jean Kirstein."

Her eyes widen a bit, "Jean? Man you changed so much, what the hell are you doing here? I thought you were going to work for the Military police?"

He looks troubled, "I was... but something came up."

"Yeah well losing someone is a fact of life. Everyone here in the Scouting Legion has lost someone close to them, honestly you need to accept that fact and move on. I'm sorry for your loss, I really am but you can't let it weigh you down." She looks into his eyes, feeling a blush want to come up at the unwanted feelings returning to her stomach, "Now, let's get started before the corporal has our asses."

***************

Training had been rough ever since Anna realized that Jean was placed in her group. Hell, she didn't expect him to be in the Scouting Legion at all. Not to mention Corporal had been on her all day about being distracted. At the moment she was left to put her horse up in the stables.

"Hey, I have a question." 

Anna turns around and looks at Jean, "Oh, okay what is it?"

"Why did you decide to join the Scouting Legion?"

Anna looks up for a moment to think, "Well... honestly part of it was because I always want to be in the middle of the important things and welll... I had a great friend of mine who joined the Scouting Legion before I did. He was my mentor actually when I joined the Scouting Legion and it was fine. He taught me a lot and... well honestly I think it was after he died though that I learned what he was trying to teach me."

"What?"

"I learned what I was made of. Yeah, I was sad for a long time after he died but then I realized that I had to accept what happened and keep his legacy going." Anna turns to look at Jean fully, "So I have a question, why did you join the Scouting Legion?"