Closet Nerd (Au!Mikasa Ackerman x Nerdy!OC)

Wilf Hashimoto, there was a lot that could be said about him. Yes, Wilf was a closet nerd; he got good grades but hid the fact he was smart, an instrument or two underneath his belt but he covered up the fact by sabotaging his piano and violin recitals, he has glasses but wears contacts, and has a clear retainer that he only wears at night. He even has a section in his closet dedicated to his 'Nerdly' t-shirts. 

No one would believe that Wilf was a nerd and he liked it that way. His nerdiness was a bit different considering he was more of an internet fandom nerd, who's into Star Wars and Lord of the Rings crap and anything similar. Yes he liked the books, TV, internet fanfictions, the whole shebang. If anyone found out he would die, hence why no one ever came to his house. Plus whenever someone did manage to come over they were all but forbidden to go into Wilf's room. 

"Son, this charade is getting tiresome." Wilf's father sighs as he sits down in his EZ-boy chair, placing his hands into his face. This was a usual trait since Wilf's mother had died.

Wilf shrugs, "What is?" He knows very well what they're talking about but he wanted to play stupid today.

"Wilf you know very well what we're talking about. Now this has to end before long, people are beginning to think we're becoming shut-in hermits!"

"Oh come on, isn't that an exaggeration?"

"Oh for god's sake Wilf, your Lord of the Rings figurines are beginning to make an appearance lining the hallway and having to specially wash those stupid Harry Potter sheets of yours. Not to mention I'm finding pokémon figurings in my bathroom, which by the way doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Are you taking baths with those things again?"

Wilf feels an indignant blush rise to his face, "Dad no! Seriously you broke me of that when I was twelve! I was looking for some glue because Kirito decided to go and use them as a scratching post. His stupid claws are a lot sharper than I thought they were and he managed to decapitate a few of my figurines."

Wilf's father sighs again as he stands up, placing a hand on his son's shoulder. This gesture was always one Wilf hated, it was usually accompanied by a lecture or something of the like. "Son, I know things have been hard with your mother gone and all. It's been hard on all of us but all of this-this fanwho-."

"Fandom." Wilf interrupts.

Wilf's father shoots him a look, "Okay Fandom-whatever. All of this stuff, we have nowhere else to put it. Your room is full and I can't allow you to go and take up the space in the house with these things. I'm sorry Wilf but... I need you to go and find a new hobby... I can't allow you to keep going out and buying these things. How about you just go and join a new club... get a girlfriend perhaps-?"

"But dad-!"

"Son without your own space for these things they will fill up the house and undoubtedly get destroyed! I'm sorry that I'm having to cut off your coping mechanism but it just has to be! I'm sorry."

Wilf breaks away from his father's hold. Snatching up his backpack by the door Wilf slams it behind him and starts off towards next door. The Jeagers were a nice sort who had two children Wilf's age; Mikasa and Eren. The two of them got along pretty well, it actually started in the fifth grade when Wilf helped Eren out in a fight. Turns out after he beat the crap out of the bullies that Wilf had managed to not only make one friend but two. He gained trust from Eren and a mutual respect from Mikasa. 

As it was the two of them were heading out toward their car. When they all figured out they lived right next to each other Mikasa offered to drive Wilf alongside Eren to school every day. Eren was still fifteen and would be for the next several months so all he was stuck with was his license. Mikasa on the other hand had turned sixteen and passed her test with flying colors. Wilf actually had his license too but no car to drive, which made that piece of plastic with his picture on it all but useless.