Marry me (Levi/Rivaille x Mommy!Reader)

Life had not been that good to you. You were currently a hard working single-mother with a three year old daughter, Serena. You originally had your boyfriend helping out but when Serena turned a year old he up and left. Now, you were barely cutting it with rent and attempting to hold down a job and take care of your daughter. At the moment you felt like you were about to break down.

"Mommy, hungry. Food want." Serena whimpers.

You bounce your daughter on your hip, "I know baby but I can't make the lines go any faster. Be patient and we'll get you your food."

"Hungry..."

Your phone rings and you feel ready to cry. Already the day had been stressful and it was supposed to be a relaxing day off. Shifting Serena in your arms you flip open your phone to see it's Levi calling. He was perhaps the one good thing in your life. On your first day of work you met him. Sure you two didn't hit it off at first but soon enough you two grew close enough for him to ask you out. You'd been going out ever since.

Multiple times he'd asked you to move in but you declined each considering Serena and what would be best for her. You loved Levi but you didn't want to rush things and potentially put her in danger. Levi understood, despite being annoyed by it, and would often attempt to help out as much as you would allow.

"Hello?" You ask.

'Tch, you sound like you're constipated.'

You frown at his crass language but then again that was Levi for you, "Is there some reason to this conversation?"

'You have the day off correct?'

"Yes," Serena tugs my hair, "Hang on a minute Levi. I have Serena here and we're ordering lunch."

'Yeah.'

I give our orders and then put the phone back to my ear, "Okay I'm back."

'Get lunch to go and come over to my apartment. Better than eating somewhere in a crowded place.' It was more of a demand rather than a request.

"Sure, okay we'll see you in five."

'Okay, see you in the lobby.' The call then drops. 

You pick up your and Serena's lunch and then head out of the restaurant. Luckily Levi's apartment building is just a short walk from where the restaurant is at. You used to have a car but when you couldn't make enough money to keep the payments on it you had to sell it. Still, work and everywhere else you usually go was within easy walking distance. Picking out a bit of the sandwich from Serena's lunch you give it to her to placate her growling stomach. 

By the time she's finished munching on that you're at Levi's apartment building. It's a nice ritzy one, to be expected really. At your work he's the vice president of the company, second in command to only Erwin Smith the CEO. In other words, he gets paid really well and has a lot of power within the company.

Entering into the lobby of the apartment building you see Levi leaning against the wall near the elevators. His face is pulled into it's usual bored expression but it softens when he sees you two. The apartment lobby manager leers at you and Serena but as Levi meets you two half-way and gives a glare to the man, he backs up. Serena's eyes light up at the sight of Levi and she eagerly reaches out for him.

"Leviii! Levii!" She calls out excitedly.

Levi smiles a bit as he holds out his arms, "Hey."

You allow Levi to take your daughter and you situate the lunches a bit better. Levi leads the way toward the elevators and you grab his other hand. His tightens and he runs his thumb over the back of your hand. It takes a few minutes to get up to the room to which Serena's chattering his ear off about nothing at all.

"So what have you been doing with your day off?" You shut his door behind you.

Levi settles Serena in a chair at his table, "Nothing, actually."

"Well, do you want lunch as well?" You hold up the bag of lunches.

Levi shrugs, "Sure."

***

You sigh as you snuggle up against Levi's side. Serena was asleep on his chest and he has an arm wrapped around her, out like a light. You can't help but smile at the picture. Since Serena met Levi she was attached to him and vice versa. It was really amazing to see how the scary Levi could actually be a pretty loving father figure to your three year-old little girl. You think she actually believes that Levi is her father at times. You don't have a problem and you're sure Levi doesn't either. 

Levi takes a deep breath as his eyes slide open and look at you, "What are you looking at?" He murmurs.

You smile, "I love you Levi."

He leans over a bit and kisses your lips, "What brought that on?"

"I don't tell you enough how glad I was to meet you."

"Tch, don't get all sentimental." His gaze is soft none the less.

We both lapse into a comfortable silence when his gaze drifts over to me again. "(Y/n)?"

"Hm?"

"Marry me."

Your eyes widen as you look at him sharply, "What?"

"Marry me (y/n). What's the problem?"

"I-I well... you see I just... I'm-."

"Mommy? Is Levi gonna be my daddy?" Serena asks as she sits up and rubs her eyes before latching onto Levi's neck.

Both Levi and you are shocked that she's awake. The whole reason you were hesitant to agree to marry Levi was that you wanted to see how Serena felt about it. Though now it seemed like you didn't have to guess.

Serena's eyes are trained on you as Levi also looks, "So? Do you want to marry me or wait?" Levi asks.

Tears of happiness come to your eyes as you sit up, "Yes, I'd love to marry you." You lean down and kiss him on the lips.

"Ew! Mommy kissing daddy!" Serena yells as she tumbles back on Levi's chest onto his stomach.

You and Levi break apart and smile down at your daughter, well his now too, and you couldn't be happier.