Pumped (Au!Jean Kirstein x Oc)

Erin detests Fridays. Most people find this odd because Fridays generally signal the end of the week and, subsequently, school. However Fridays at Maria High are definitely different. Here the basketball team reigned supreme and they were almost treated like gods. Fridays were the days of their games and it was also a day filled with nothing but loud people running around acting like idiots to celebrate six players hurling an orange rubber ball around. 

It wasn't like Erin had anything against them but it just sucked to get knocked around in the hallways all because some people decided to paint themselves and run shirtless around school. Either way this was a tradition and it seemed like it wouldn't be broken anytime soon. Speaking of the basketball team they were coming down the hallway now.

Coach Levi was at the head of the pack. He might've been short but he certainly pushed his team to be the best. Next to him was Captain Reiner Braun. Talk about a height difference. He was specialized as the Point Guard and he was easily one of the tallest on the team. Bertolt Hoover was next to him, he was the Center and pretty damn good at it. He didn't talk much but he certainly knew how to handle the ball in court. 

Behind them are Eren Jaeger and Connie Springger. Eren played Shooting Guard and was arguably one of the most versatile on the team. Connie was just behind him playing Small Forward. He was the fastest on the team, no lie. Not to mention he was also the stupidest on the team, not that Erin cared all that much, he was still pretty nice. Finally Jean Kirstein; Power Forward. He was the main scorer on the team and he was also rumored to be captain next year when Reiner graduated. Together those five players made the 'dream team' of the Legioners. The rest of the players were just kind of whatever. 

Most of them were actually in Erin's class too, which meant everything was going to be crazy as usual today. Erin keeps her head down and tries to get around all of them without being shoved into a wall by a crazy fan or whatever.

"Hey Erin!" Jean calls to her.

"What I'm right here horseface!" Eren yells back.

Jean slaps the back of his head, "I was talking to Erin, not you Eren!"

The brunette rubs the back of his head and glares at him, mumbling something that suspiciously sounded like his equine nickname. Erin just gives Jean a small wave before rushing off toward first period. Jean watches her go with a mix of annoyance and amusement. She always seemed to be running away from him whenever he tried to talk to her.

"Oi, focus Kirstein. We have a game to prepare for, you can get rejected by Sanders again later." Coach Levi cuts in.

Jean resists the urge to backsass his coach, then again he didn't want to get the shit kicked out of him like Eren did that one time. This midget was seriously scary when he was set on something. No wonder Mikasa turned out so militaristic when it came to getting the band into shape. Oh well he would catch Erin second period. 

****************

All but running into her second period class Erin slams her things down on her desk in annoyance. Already she had been slammed into a wall, stepped on, and almost trampled to the floor. It was madness, complete and utter madness. Settling into her seat Erin flops her head down on her arms. She just wanted today to be over.

"Hey Erin are you alright?" Armin asks as he takes his seat next to her.

The brunette looks over at him and nods as best she can, "Yeah... I'm just worn out. I hate Fridays around here."

"Any reason?"

"Basketball of course. I don't get why people are so pumped up about it. I don't even really like the sport." She feels someone standing behind her to see Jean there. He looks like he's lost, "Hey Jean, what's up?"