Chapter 3: Class of 1978

"Mum said she saw you in Diagon Alley, you were admiring it from Madam Malkin's window." A boy's voice said cheerily. The light from the sun had blurred Emily's vision, it had projected far too much brightness that she could no longer see the person standing before her. It was only a boy's voice that she could here, and only an emerald snake in her hands is the only thing she could see.

"Go on, wear it."

Emily stared into the light, mustering all her strength to come towards it but it was almost as if her feet were stuck in tar. "Who are you?"

The girl woke up with a start, her chest heaving with every breath she took. Emily felt exhilarated, maybe even truly joyful. It was the first fragment of a dream that she has ever remembered ever since she made her recovery. Even if her vision was primarily blocked off, it was something else when she heard someone else's voice.

Emily took her glasses from the side table and wore them as she started to walk towards the window, seeing the Weasley family lounging in the yard with tankards of lemonade. From the looks of it, she reasoned that they had been mowing the tall grass and such preparations for the wedding tomorrow. For a moment, Emily found it odd to not see Aunt Molly, but then remembered that today would be the day when she would pick up the Adamson children from King's Cross.

Upon descending the stairs, Emily saw the front door slowly open, a tall man dressed in a rich navy-blue coat over a yellow mustard shirt made his entrance into the household. He looked up at the stairs, his deep brown eyes twinkling in happiness as he saw the girl looking back at him. "Now... This truly is the greatest morning."

Emily laughed, jumping off the last few steps to throw herself at Lee Jordan, locking him up in a bear hug. "You look amazing – being a successful hotshot suits you." She said. Lee shrugged, "I don't know about that, it was much more fun working with you." They broke off the hug, now walking to the kitchen for drinks and some of Molly's fudge that was usually placed on the countertop.

"I might come back when everything settles down."

"I'll hold you onto that promise."

They sat down on the barstools and sip their glasses of water. Emily felt euphoric about her reunion with Lee, it had been a long time since their last meeting. Despite their past relationship, she didn't find it hard to remain close friends with him. "So, what brings you here?"

He sighed, biting his lower lip. "Well, Fred and George told me that you just arrived here. Also, there is that bit of news that one of them had lost an ear, I couldn't miss seeing that opportunity." Lee joked. Emily stared at him in awe, "I did not know that – I have got to see this." She ran to the back door and came out screaming for the Weasley twins.

Lee couldn't help but smile at the view. It was almost too picturesque to see Emily basking in the warm sunlight, a happy smile on her face that brought him into a total state of joy. In the next moment, Fred and George came running in alongside Emily. Lee stood up and embraced the twins, "You bloody idiots – "

"At least now you can tell us apart, Jordan," George said, flicking the toy arrow that he placed at the side of his head where his ear should be. "The one with the good looks." He said, pointing at himself. "And the one with both ears," George added, framing Fred's face with his hands.

"I would have said the holy brother," Emily commented.

George gave out a loud but short laugh, draping his arm around her. "That's what I said!" Fred rolled his eyes at them, pushing them out of the kitchen. "Alright, alright! You two go talk about lost body parts, isn't that what you two have in common? No – chunks of a body part, right? Close enough, now shoo."