Chapter 1: Charity

Before anything else, I'd like to credit this chapter to @iiDotLyfeii for her artwork! I hope you all appreciate this as much as I do because I absolutely adore it. 

Once again, the comments section is free for all to post their thoughts and also my inbox welcomes everybody

Once again, the comments section is free for all to post their thoughts and also my inbox welcomes everybody. This is the 2nd to the last book that I'll be writing in the Harry Potter series, so let's make it count x

~

"Who else knows?"

Ginny held the ring in between her thumb and index finger, watching the stone fade from its deep, blood red color into an almost strawberry-like hue. It had been shifting for the entire day, clearly portraying the indecisive nature of Draco Malfoy. "I told Harry before he left for Privet Drive."

Eleanor nodded, looking out the window and seeing the burnt remnants of the Adamson house next-door. "What did he say?"

"Basically, just keep an eye on Emily and her friends," Ginny ran her hand through her hair, clearing her face. "He's worried that something might set her off – a trinket, an old photograph that's been misplaced – there might be something we lost sight of, and that might just fuel her to go looking for answers."

"But Harry and his friends, those three are going to set off and go look for answers anyway. I don't see why Emily, Daphne, and Blaise can't do the same – "

"Insert the idea of travelling around England in secret with six wizards. 2 of which are the no. 1 enemies of that bald prick along with 3 blood traitors as Death Eaters would call them, and then top it off with a Muggleborn."

"Alright, point taken."

"Don't you want to go with Emily?"

"You really want to add another blood traitor into the mix? And a Malfoy, no less?" Eleanor joked.

Ginny shrugged, "I just thought you were sick of staying at home."

"I don't mind it, it beats being at school."

"Shut up."

Ginny grabbed Eleanor's hand and placed the ring in her palm. "You're in charge of that now, you bored housewife." She said with a snarky grin. Eleanor smiled back, closing her hand into a fist. "Thanks, you starch-stiff schoolgirl."

~

It was always at night when Emily wandered the halls of her home, cheeks stained with tears and legs dragging her anywhere in the house until she found solace and returned back to sleep. She tugged on the sleeves of her sweater, dragging the cuffs to her face to get rid of the tears. Ever since she woke up from her coma, it was almost every night and day that Emily woke up crying.

Either in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, she was positive that her pillow would be stained with her tears.

"Emilie?" A small figure emerged from the bathroom, the pale silvery hair peeking out from the doorway. Fleur stepped out and smiled at once at the sight of Emily standing near the stairs, "What are you doing?"