Chapter 19 - uhhhhhh.

||Mackenzie||

February 9th, 2024

Ok.

It's been 4 days.

4 days since I've been admitted into the hospital.

4 days since Johnny asked Emily out.

After he asked her out, I haven't heard from him or Emily since. When I saw their insta stories of them cuddling in bed, I know they fucked and it was after-sex bonding.

It makes me hurt.

It hurts to know that Johnny is happy with someone who isn't me.

But right now, it's just my family and my girls. Maddie even moved the wedding up to next month so I could still be her bridesmaid.

That's my family with the people I love.

I loved Johnny, Hell I probably still love him.

"Hey kenzie, you ready to start the chemo?" Bailey asks.

"Yeah" I say with a halfhearted smile.

"Now, do you know the side effects? Nausea, vomiting, hair-loss etc.?" Bailey says slightly mumbling the side effects.

"Yes, I know all of them" I mutter with sadness.

"Ok now," she signals the nurse to come in. "Nurse Jackson will get you all set up," she tells me as nurse Jackson walks in with a shit ton of medical stuff.

"Ok, Kenzie, ready?" Nurse Jackson asks.

"Yeah" I say and nod.

As she puts the needle inside of me, I start thinking about Johnny again, I missed the young us.

"So something on your mind honey?" Nurse Jackson asks as she gets more stuff ready.

"Boy trouble" I tell her with a small smile.

"Well, I'm always here if you need advice, but I know someone who you could talk to" Nurse Jackson looks at me and smiles. Then she walks out, and a few minutes later a group of people came in.

"Seriously? Another brunette in the group?" And rolls her eyes.

"Ok, come on, let the bitchy cheerleader in you rest for one day Kara." A bald boy said, and I guess her name is Kara.

"true dat boy." Another boy said while chuckling a bit.

"Guys, it's rude to not introduce ourselves!" A really really petite, skinny girl said.

"Right," the boy that told Kara to contain her bitchiness said.

And then the awkward silence when they all turned over and stared at me.

"Hi I'm Leo," He says calmly while limping over to shake my hand and sit down on the couch that's right next to me. He's the guy that told Kara to hold the bitch, yes he's bald.

"Hey, I'm Emma," the really skinny, petite one walks over and shakes my hand.

"Dash, what's poppin girl," he walks over and shakes my hand as well, he's the one that was chuckling.

"Kara," she walks over and shakes my hand as well. She's the "bitchy" cheerleader.

"We heard there was a new girl here, what you in for?" Leo asks.

"Stage III lung cancer" I say sadly. They seem like they don't know who I am but it's a good thing.

"Damn, sucks to be you girl," Kara says, I was kinda speechless.