"are you sleeping in the same tent or can I crash in with you two?" mike asked.

bill glanced at stan, who nodded. "yeah, you can come in the same tent, but only if you have a big enough tent. bill sleeps pretty widely"

"yeah, you would know" richie smirked.

"i have a tent for three people, calm down" mike rolled his eyes. "and then richie and eddie sleeps in the same tent, perfec-"

"woah, what?" eddie laughed nervously. "richie and I?"

"yes? got a problem with that?" mike asked, genuinely surprised.

"I just..." eddie looked at richie who had a sad expression on his face. "i just thought...."

"yes?" ben lifted his brows.

"nothing...it's...fine" eddie shook his head.

when the lunch break was over, eddie almost ran to his locker, needing to get away from richie and the awkward tension between them.
he arrived to his locked, opened it and shoved his head inside. he let out a breath and shut his eyes for a moment.
maybe he should talk to the devil himself...maybe his mother wouldn't find out

"what's the matter with you?" he heard a low voice behind him. eddie didn't need to make too many guesses to know that richie was behind him.

eddie looked out of the locker, seeing richie leaning onto the other lockers, hands crossed over his chest.

"what do you mean?" eddie shook his head and began getting his bio books from his locker.

"what do you- are you serious eddie? you're acting all weird" richie laughed unamused. "i don't get you"

"I don't get you either. you make jokes like we're old buddies there, when in reality, we were about to....until my mom bust in and told you to never talk to us again" eddie closed his locker and looked up at richie.

"well here I am. talking to you" richie spread his arms a little bit.

"yeah, well maybe you shouldn't" eddie was about to walk pass richie, but the other made it to grab his hand.

"no. i'm not doing this again. you can't allow your mom to do every decision for you." richie whined, while eddie looked desperately up at him. "tell me eddie, do you regret what happened?"

"...not until my mom came home" eddie said bluntly making richie nod. "so don't let her ruin this for us"

"us? when did you and I become us?" eddie laughed a little.

"since we were four" richie stated.

"whatever, richie...I really need to go" eddie shook his head and richie let go of his arm, looking how the other one walked away.

he really needed to fix this, and he might just know how.

the boy with the glasses smoothened his white button up a bit. he tugged his tie slightly and gripped the rose bouquet in his hands, until hitting his knuckles against the door of the kaspbrak house.