30

••••••

••••••

"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Yang proceeded to ask me as soon as Sunghoon decided to leave the room and give us some privacy.

"Fine... I guess." I paused and she showed me a smile as she placed the bag with packed lunch that she had in her hand when she came in on a table that was near me.

"This is for you. I know hospital food sucks." She said as she calmly opened everything up for me.

I gave her a small but warm and genuine smile before I decided to eat. Normally, I would protest. But I was starving right now and craving something other than hospital food.

And I haven't had homemade cooking since my dad was alive. So this meant a lot to me. Especially since it's from her...

... my mother.

"So my husband, Jungwon and I were talking, and we want you to move in with us. It's only right for a daughter to live with her parents. " she said with a smile." If you want to of course."

There is no way she is asking me for that. I would love to move in with them, but I don't want to be a burden for them. I know we are family, but I've lived without a family and lonely for so long... i don't know what it's like.

And I got too many bills to pay off. Even if I'm their daughter, I'm not like them. I'm not as talented or influential as they are and I feel like I just won't fit in.

"I'm not trying to be a burden or anything. I mean... there is still a lot I need to take care of..." I mumbled and she frowned.

"Are you kidding? You're my lost child! You would never be a burden to me. Plus, your burdens are mine as well." She said." I only wish I understood why Jisoo would do that you or at least why Jungwon was so comfortable with you. He isn't like that to everyone and he picks his friends very carefully."

I sighed as I ate at my food when suddenly the thought of my mothe... my adoptive mothers blood banks since she also used to donate blood before she passed, hit me. Ofcourse, I was happy that I knew the truth now but I felt bad for Jisoo. I mean, we should at least confirm if my parents are really hers.

She probably wants to know too.

"What does Jisoo think about that?" I asked hesitantly, referring to the 'moving with them' situation.

Mrs. Yang sighed, "She hasn't really spoken to anyone yet. She locked herself in her room. But she will come around."

I slowly nodded and sipped some water.

"I guess this means I met your father." Mrs Yang suddenly said.

"What do you mean?" I asked and she smiled as she sat where Sunghoon sat before and held my hand.

"Many years ago, I met a man who's daughter what in a critical condition and she needed a blood transfusion so I offered my blood. A few years after that, I met the same man and he was convinced that he had the wrong child, so he was looking for answers. " she said and unknowingly, a year fell down my eye as I thought about my dads letter.

It was her. She is the lady he was talking about.

She saved my life...

"He told me didn't have much time since he had heart problems, but he wanted to make sure his daughter at least got to know her real parents, while he wanted to see his daughter just once before passing on. He seemed like a really good man." She added as the tears streamed down my eyes.

I thought about him. My late father who gave me everything even though we had nothing. Who loved me unconditionally.

I hope you are watching dad. My real family found me. They are really nice people. So is your daughter... at least she used to be. I don't hate her. I understand she was afraid of being abandoned. And now since she IS your daughter, unfortunately this means that she is an orphan.

I know just how hard it is. But she isn't alone. And despite what has happened, I know you wanted your daughter to know you. So I will tell her all about you. And I will make sure she isn't alone.

Not like I was...

"Here we are." Mr Yang entered the room with some paperwork and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked and they both smiled at me.

"We have had these for a while for the day we were going to meet you. " Mrs Yang said." These are adoption papers. All you need to do is sign and you are now a Park as well."

"I-I don't know what to say..." I stuttered as I tried to make a decision.

I looked up to them. Of course i was happy that my parents were them, but I just didn't know what to say or how to act. Thank you for finding me, but sorry you found me laying on my blood filled bathroom floor after I was ready to give up on life because of what your other daughter.

Speaking of which, I know that Jisoo was here. I never got to hear what she had to say because the people in the room didn't seem very inviting towards her, understandably. Despite that, I need to talk to her. I need to hear what she wanted to tell me. And it's only right, since I am considering joining her family.

"Thank you so much for this offer. You have no idea how much it actually means to me.." I said, earning a warm smile from both Mr and Mrs Yang. "But I have to speak to one person before signing these papers."

"What? Who would that be?" Mrs Yang asked as both of their gazes softened. I assume they knew who I meant.

"Ahh, You need a word with Jisoo." She then added, earning a nod from me.

"Yes ma'am." I said and she nodded.

I have to do this. For the sake of my late father. But for me too. I need to know why she really went this far. Considering how close we used to be before this mess, it just doesn't make sense.

"Alright, we will go and get her. Sunghoon and Jungwon will be here in a bit." Mrs Yang said as her and Mr Yang got ready to leave.

"But in the mean time, please consider calling us mom and dad." Mr Yang said." You are our daughter after all."

They then left after give me side hugs.

Mom and dad...

It's been a while since I called anyone that.

••••••••