26

‼️WARNING: this is not for sensitive readers as it describes self harm. If this is a trigger, please skip to the next chapter.‼️

•••
"If you love someone, tell them, because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken." DaeguDaydreams

•••••

Areum was devastated. She locked herself in her bathroom and cried. Her history was being repeated. She hated herself for not seeing this coming. But she had no one to blame. Hhh

Not Sunghoon .

Not Jisoo.

Not Jay .

Not Jake.

Not Heeseung .

Not Hyerim.

Not Mr.Yang.

Not even her dad.

None of them were to blame but herself. She was so disappointed in herself. This was a moment that she wanted to leave in the past. She promised herself that she would never feel this wronged ever again, but her she is, reaching out for the razor on her sink.

Her phone rang a few times, showing Jay and Jungwon but she decided to ignore them. When she saw that the caller ID was Sunghoon, she put her phone on silent.

She couldn't hear the phone.

She couldn't think straight.

Nothing made sense except one thing.

Putting an end to it all.

She then went to her bed and took her dads letter from under her pillow and held onto it as she headed back to the bathroom.

"Why did you leave me?" She stared at the paper with writings.

As a tear slipped down her eye, she rolled up her sleeve to reveal scars. Scars that she thought would dissapear before she turned to them. But they are still here. And she is going to give them some new friends.

She took a razor from the razor packet in her shower locker. With closed eyes, she cut a thin cut into her wrist and opened her eyes to watch the blood flow.

No. This didn't feel good, But what else could she do?

She wanted to feel numb and her way of doing that was hurting yourself to the point where so you are used to the pain that it doesn't hurt you. Then you really can't feel anything.

But it wasn't working. The new cut stung a lot since it was on top of her other scars.

This wont do.

She grabbed the razor once again, cut deeper, deeper and deeper...

"I hope you kept your promise about saving me a spot in heaven..." she whispered.

Faint knocks were heard from her door but she couldn't respond as her petite body fell to the floor.

•••

Meanwhile, Sunghoon made his way home. He didn't know what to do with the new information that he got. He wanted to know the truth so he dialed Areums number, not really expecting her to answer. As he expected, she didn't pick up.

He sighed as he walked into the front door to his home.

"Mom?!" He called out and got no answer.