25

•••••3rd person

•••••
3rd person

‼️TW: slight mention of suicide‼️
•••••

Jisoo and Sunghoon headed back to a dance room at SM ent. As if on cue, they both sat on the hard floor.

"You know, you really shouldn't be mad at me. I'm not the one who betrayed her best friend." Jisoo stated.

"So what's the deal between you and Areum?" Sunghoon asked.

"So Areum and i go way back." Jisoo started. "She started going to the same high school as me quite a while ago. I befriended her directly."

"Stop promoting yourself and just tell me what happened." Sunghoon groaned at her.

Jisoo then sat closer to him, their shoulders brushing each other.

"But are you sure you want to hear this story from me? I mean, you might think it sounds biased." She said.

Sunghoon did think about that. He just had to ask Areum her story. That's probably impossible now but there is always someone else who is a part of a story as well. They could help him understand from a neutral point of view.

"Just tell me." He looked at her.

She smiled and him and nodded.

"Areum and I became besties. Hyerim then started going to our school, so we befriended her as well. At the same time I was friends with HYBE trainees Jakey, Heeseung and Jay. Niki started at our school as well later on. Jay and Areum also became really good friends." She paused.

"Areums dad then suddenly died. I was there for her through it all. But I guess healing isn't as easy as some people make it seem and she decided that instead of fully healing herself from the loss of her last remaining parent, she wound find someone whom she wanted to fill the void. The unbelievable thing is that it was Jake she wanted. She fell in love with him." Jisoo continued.

Sunghoon frowned, "Whats wrong with falling in love with someone?"

"Falling in love with someone isn't wrong. Falling for someone who is taken is where she fucked up." Jisoo stated. "Back then, me, Areum and Hyerim, we all liked Jake. But he only had eyes for me... so we started dating."

"Areum got really jealous and stopped speaking to me suddenly. I was really broken since she was my best friend, but little did I know that she was planning something. A few weeks later, she got to know Jakey and they hung out alot. So much that soon enough, I found them making out at the park by her orphanage." Jisoo then wiped a tear that fell from her eye.

He didn't know if her story was true but she seems really hurt by talking about this.

That made Sunghoons heart ache. Maybe he was wrong about Jisoo and Areum. What if Jisoo is the real victim and Areum is just paying the concequences for her actions?

"I was so broken that I wouldn't go out to meet anyone for an entire week. Later that week, I broke up with him over the phone. And as I expected, her and Jakey got together." She then took a breath.

Sunghoon couldn't believe this. He knew Jake for a really long time so he knew that Jake was always really flirty and good with the girls. But he was always against cheating and betrayal. This didn't sound like the Jake he knew.

And also, Jake once told Sunghoon that he loved Jisoo for a really long time and that he would do anything for her. Something seemed off in Jisoos story.

"But the funny thing is that right when she started dating Jakey, she was seen with Heeseung at her orphanage multiple times. That's what made everyone hate her even more. If she liked him instead, why didn't she just go for him?" Jisoo then groaned. "I mean, her and Heeseung were NOT friends like that, so seeing them so close was weird."

That didn't make sense either. The story that Jisoo was telling him right now was identical to the one that Niki had told him the other day. He didn't want to believe then, but what can he do now?

"I shouldn't feel bad about the treatment that she is getting. Neither should you" Jisoo added." Jakey and I fixed our relationship since Areum played us both. So now we have each others backs."

"What about Areums dad? How did he die?" Sunghoon then asked.

Jisoo snickered, "There are rumours going around saying that she has brought so much bad luck to the people around her that even her dad didn't love her and commited suicide." Jisoo stood up.

Sunghoons heart sunk. He saw the note that Areums dad had left. She never told him how he died but since he left her a note, it must've been suicide.

"That's just mean. But those are just rumours... right?" Sunghoon asked as he stood up as well.

Jisoo then turned to him, "Honestly, the rumors here are a mirror to the truth. So i don't know."

She then turned around and was about to leave when he held her arm back.

"Why did you post that picture of me?" He then asked her.

Jisoo had the intention to break them up with that. Since she likes Sunghoon . She liked him since she I-LAND. It was always him that she was after. She had completely fallen for him and even asked Heeseung to give her his contacts, but Heeseung couldn't due to restictions.

Jisoo had met him once backstage to their debut showcase. When they met, she clearly showed her intrest in him but he didn't. And now the fact that he likes Areum just added to her reasons for hating her. The fact that they were amost together made her sick. She had to do something.

"Because I wanna be your friend. And I'm just promoting you while watching your back. I know that snakes venom because she bit me." She said as Sunghoon let go of her arm.

"Yeah but please delete it. The fans have the wrong story..." he trailed off.

Her heart sunk as she knew that he meant the fans AND Areum. She could tell just by his voice.

"Your fans or Areum?" She asked but got no reply. "I can delete the picture and post something to make them believe we are not together. And I get that you love your fans, but Areum? Do you really still want to prove anything to her after you know who she really is?"

Sunghoon just stayed silent and Jisoo sighed as she left.

She was glad that she made him doubt Areum, but she started feeling really bad about everything. Suddenly she missed being Areums friend. She knew that it was wrong of her to do everything she did to Areum, who is innocent, but if she didn't, she is convinced that her family would have sent her to an orphanage a long time ago.

She knew that her parents were looking for their real daughter, and since they are high class and rich, they wouldn't be looking for her amongst poor people or children with a bad reputation.

Or so she thought.

••••••
a/n: ooof it's getting really spicy. i wonder how areum is doing...

and do y'all believe jisoo?