11

••••••

••••••

"Thank you for the ride." I awkwardly said as I gave him his second helmet.

He shot me a small smile and waved goodbye as he drove off on his bike. I quickly made my way into my apartment and threw myself on the bed. The incident from earlier really hit me so I let out a loud groan into my pillow.

"What do I do now?!"

••
Is he going to kiss me..?

Sunghoon slowly slid a hand around my waist and for some reason, I let him do it.

My heart couldn't stop speeding at this moment.

Did I want him to? Think. He is friends with the rest of the Enhypen members. The people who ruined my life and keep making it worse. And you were their friend before but they all turned on you because some unknown reason and a lie.

What if they do that to Sunghoon? Now that he talks to me and all. What if they just ruin him too?

But us being "friends" shouldn't trigger them. Look at me and Jay.

But if Sunghoon and I become something more they will hate him. That can't happen. He can't be unhappy. Not because of me.

Or what if Sunghoon kisses me now and then there is some new crazy rumor going around and he turns against me...?

"I... have to get going." I stuttered.

His eyes opened and looked me, but I was already looking away.

I heard him sigh and remove his hands from my waist.

"I'm sorry." He bowed and I quickly bowed back.

"No.. it's not you.." I said in a low voice with my head hung low and he cut me off.

"My bike is behind that building." He stated while pointing to my old orphanage.

I nodded and followed behind him quietly.

Sunghoon was not talkative anymore. I even think that he got mad and it kinda looked hot. The way his walking style changed completely and he seemed more manlier.

"Here." He handed me a helmet... to put it on by myself.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want him to put it on for me. But it's not the time for romantic fantasies.

I put on the helmet and got on his bike. While on it, I didn't know where to hold on to, since I'm still scared of bike rides.

I tried hard to look for a little place on the bike, where my hands would fit so that I could hold on when suddenly he took my hands and placed them around him.

"Hold on." He said as he then started his bike.

••

Oh my gosh. What if he hates me now? But he can't hate me. I'm protecting him. And why the hell do I want to protect him so bad? That kiss probably wouldn't even have meant anything to him. He has probably kissed many other girls and I'm just an addition to the list. After all, he is really good looking and there is no way that isn't the case.

And who knows if he wasn't planning on kissing me, but instead leaving me hanging there and then humiliating me.

•••

The weekend quickly went by and it was Monday again. The good thing about today is that I start to work full time at HYBE. I will make more money now.

But the bad-ish thing is that I have to face Sunghoon. This will be the first time since that... incident.

I'm so nervous to see him it's scaring me because the only time I felt like this before was for Jake Sim.

That didn't go too well...

I grabbed my backpack and started walking to school and as I got to the school building, Jisoo's car had just pulled up as well.

Great.

And this time, Jungwon was not with her. Strange, since they always used to come together.

I decided to pretend as if she wasn't near me and was about to head into the school when she called me.

I love Mondays.

"So... it seems like Jay is back to being your friend." She said with a smirk.

"There is nothing wrong with hanging out with an old friend, Jisoo." I snapped.

She and I were both surprised at my tone. Actually, scratch that, we were surprised at the fact that I actually spoke back to her. This is the first time I spoke back since we fought. To be honest, I was now kind of scared. Both of myself and her.

What if she was to slap me?

"Well, I see you got your juice back." She leaned in to my ear." I'll take Jay back. And then I will make you disappear for fucking ever."

"Yah, it's a Monday morning. Do you have to do this right now?"

I looked behind Jisoo and spotted Hyerim and Jake walking to where we were. Hyerim was the one who had spoken to her.

"Come on Hyerim. Chill. Jisoo can do whatever she likes. And little piggy over there deserves it." Jake said as he walked over to Jisoo.

Jisoo smiled at him as she intertwined their hands.

"As expected from my knight." She said as they walking into the school, leaving me and Hyerim.

As I looked back to Hyerim, I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes as she watched them walk away like a couple.

She still likes Jake, huh?

She then averted her gaze from them and soon notice that I was staring at her with pity. Once our eyes met, she quickly fixed her posture, gave me a small sad smile and hurried into the school.

I feel bad for her. Jisoo is pretending that she likes Jake in front of her friend who actually likes him. Why am I not surprised that she would do something like this?

This happened to us as well. She was so close to Jake when we were friends that sometimes I thought they were dating. And she knew that I really liked him too.

She is such a snake.

••••••