29

••••••areum pov••••••

••••••
areum pov
••••••

White had always been my favorite color.

Maybe it's just the color itself. Or maybe it's just the calm vibe it gives off. As if you're falling off a really tall building but somehow, it's comforting as you know you'll be okay. Wether you make it or you don't.

This color was everywhere. It was all around me and was the only thing I saw. At least, until the color started to fade and I saw two figures that were kneeling on the floor.

"... Go in there and give here a reason to fight."

That voice was very familiar. Which scared me because I thought I would be alone here with a bunch of strangers since no one died with me...

if I'm dead.

One of the figures got up and then walked into a room in front of them.

The room had the number '306' written on it. I took a deep breath and went inside, only to get a ghost version of a heat attack.

I almost screamed to the sight of my own body laying in a hospital bed with bandages and tubes all over me.

I must've forgotten the reason to why I'm in this dimension... or space. Wherever I am.

But that wasn't the only thing that surprised me.

It was like time had sped up, and suddenly the room was filled with people. Not doctors but all the people that somehow were the reason I ended up in here in the first place.

Sunghoon, Jay, Jake, Jungwon with his parents (?) and last but not least, Jisoo. Even she was here. Why? I have no idea.

Suddenly, time pressed play at that moment, and I could hear everything they said...

Everything...

•••••

"Areum?"

I gathered enough strength to look at the person who had just called me.

It was Sunghoon.

Sunghoon.

He was here.

He was right here.

"You're here." I whispered as tears filled up my eyes.

Honestly, I felt happy that he was here. But the thing that hurt me the most while I was out was that I could hear everything he was telling me. He looked so tired. Exhausted.

"I'm here. I'm right here." Sunghoon said as he placed a soft kiss on top of my head.

He then got out of the room and called the doctor to come and check on me.

"Well, you lost quite a lot of blood so we have to keep you here for a few more days but after that you can head home. Hopefully you live your life to the fullest. The amount of kids that come here under your circumstances really saddens me." Then doctor said once he finished the check up and left.

Once again, I was alone with Sunghoon.

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

"A little over 16 hours." He answered.

Damn. That's shorter than I thought. Why do I feel like I've been out for a few years though? Everything feels so weird in a weird way. It's like I'm seeing things through a clearer lens than before.

Also, something was weird about Sunghoon. Although he sat right next to my bed, with my hand in his and his mouth shut, I still felt like he was hesitating to say something.

"You're bitting your tongue." I mumbled

"Huh..." he slowly sat up in a straight position with a hand ruffling his hair.

"What's on you mind?" I asked him.

He then let out a sigh as he got up. After being hesitant for a few seconds, he had my cheeks cupped and his lips on mine.

I definitely knew that I wanted his lips on mine. He just gave me that one feeling that not even science or psychologists can explain. It's really extraordinary. It's like I'm floating but falling at the same time. But the falling isn't scary this time. As I know he will be down at the bottom, waiting to catch me.

He then pulled away and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry about everything. I should have know that you were suffering." He said.

My heart ached as he started to blame himself for what I had done to myself.

"Sunghoon..." I was cut off." No. Don't say it isn't my fault. Everyone is somehow at fault for you being here. And that's a shame. We could have done so much better." He said with a frown.

"I don't know how many times I should apologize to you." He then said, making me reach out for his hand. "I mean what if you didn't wake up? What if you were still asleep right now... or even..." He paused.

"You've apologized enough and I'm okay. Thankfully." I reassured him, remembering the time I was "out".

He apologized so many times. I appreciated it at first, as that showed me that he really cared, but he said it so much that it kind of made me want to punch him in the face so that he could stop. He blamed himself so much, even though he has only known me a few months.

"What?" He gave me a what-the-heck look. Probably because I was staring at him like a total idiot.

"I heard everything you said." I said as I lowered my head, trying not to show my blush." You seemed to really care."

Honestly I was overwhelmed by how much he actually cared. I just wanted to give him a medal or something.

The FOR SAYING YOU CARE AND ACTUALLY MEANING IT medal. He deserved one. He is one of the few people that made me see the beauty of life in just a few months. Every time I'm with him, it all feels worth it.

"Of course I do." He said playfully. "So you heard everything?" His voice went back to normal.

"Uh Yeah." I replied, recalling a certain moment.

"So then you know." He said.

I nodded, automatically knowing what he was referring to.

The fact that Jungwons family is actually mine and mine is Jisoos. Honestly, I would've never expected this. To be related to Mr. Yang, a CEO as well as the guy who owns the most buildings is South Korea, and Mrs. Yang, the famous model and fashion designer. And then Jungwon, the famous maknae leader.

You would think that I would be really happy to know this, but I'm a little conflicted. Obviously this means that I'm not alone in this harsh world, but I am shocked. I would've never expected them to be the family that my dad left me a note about.

Im also a bit worried. The entire family is really talented in some way, and then there is me. I mean, my grades are actually pretty great but they are all just so influential.

I'm not.

And in my mid-panic state the door flew open, revealing no one but Mrs. Yang herself.

••••••

a/n: happy new year guys!! Hope you all have an absolutely great year.