18

••••••3rd person••••••

••••••
3rd person
••••••

It was Friday and the enhypen members were back at school. Everyone had their classes and the day went well when suddenly, Jungwon felt that it was weird that Areum was not at school.

The only times she never came to school was if she was really really sick. She even came to school as if nothing happened after her fathers death, but the principal convinced her to take some time off.

He walked up to his hyungs after school as they were leaving the gate and since Sunghoon was there, Jisoo was there as well.

"Has anyone seen Areum noona? I wanted to thank her for taking care of me that night." Jungwon said and they turned their attention to him.

"You didn't thank me." Sunghoon pouted.

"Somehow I felt that she did the most." Jungwon teased, making Sunghoon shoot him a playful glare.

"Are you kidding? She didn't know what to do at all. Almost like a lost puppy. All she did was comfort you. I made your fever go down you little..." Sunghoon hissed and Jungwon laughed.

"Thank you sir." He playfully bowed at Sunghoon and then turned to Jay.

"Jungwon, you were sick?" Jisoo suddenly asked, gaining a shocked reaction from everyone. As his sister, shouldnt she be the first one to know stuff like this?

"Do y'all even live in the same house?" Jake chuckled in disbelief.

"We do it's just.." Jisoo tried to explain herself but Jungwon cut her off.

"We all know you don't care about me. No need to explain yourself princess." Jungwon snapped as he turned back to Jay.

"No, I haven't seen her." Jay said and took out his phone to dial her number.

He knew that it isn't like Areum to just skip school without notice.

"Guys!" A voice approached the group. They all looked to the direction and saw Hyerim running to them.

"Do any of you guys have Areums number?" She panted as she took out her phone.

Jisoo then shot her a sharp glare.

"Why would we have that dirtbags number?" She snapped at her.

"Yah!" Jungwon snapped back at Jisoo as he walked over to Hyerim and handed over the number.

"Did you just..?" Jisoo glared at Jungwon, but just decided to stay quiet. Being quiet in situations like this is what is best for her. Jungwon won't complain to his parents and they won't suspect Jisoo. Or so she thought.

"Why do you want her number?" Jay asked as she dialed the number.

"She apparently quit school." Hyerim said and put her phone to her ear.

"What?" Sunghoon was now confused.

Why did she quit in the middle of the term? He thought. It didn't make sense.

"I know right, and she is so smart." Hyerim said as she put her hand down to dial the number a second time, but got left on voice mail.

"I'll just write to her on instagram then I guess." Hyerim said as she waved goodbye.

"She quit?" Jake question and Jisoo snickered.

"It was just a matter of time until she quit. I wouldn't stay here if she was being treated the way she was." Heeseung said as he left for his ride had come to pick him up.

"Treatmeant which isn't fair, by the way." Jungwon shot all of them a glare before leaving too.

Jisoo swallowed hard and looked to the ground. Jungwon had so much resolve when it came to Areum. She envied it. But at the same time, she felt she deserved his cold hearted treatment.

"But why leave now if it's because of the treatment? She was treated like this for years now." Jake asked himself.

"Maybe it's something else." Sunghoon said as he got on his bike.

"Where are you going?" Jisoo asked.

"To find out why she quit." Sunghoon said as he put on his helmet and drove away, leaving Jisoo with a sunken heart.

•••••
areums pov
•••••

I got up and went into my bathroom. The first thing I saw was the mirror, which I had completely covered up with newspaper just so I don't have to scare myself every time I enter the bathroom.

I got in the shower and let the water fall on me. Right now, I wasn't even actually taking a shower. I just had many thoughts in my head.

Firstly, however the fuck I was going to pay off the hospital bills.

Second, if I would even still have this shitty apartment by the time I finished paying of the bills.

Third... Sunghoon . Just Sunghoon .

I think about him too much lately. It's like he is some really addicting drug. I can't not think about him. His face... his hair... his laugh. His mole and beauty spot. The cold look on his face which turns into a smile whenever our eyes meet.

Everything. But now it's gone. We never had a proper conversation about this situation. And now I won't be at school anymore.

Getting out of the shower, I wiped myself and headed to my little dresser. I picked a shirt and some shorts and just laid on my bed. Since I didn't have work today, I wasn't stressed to get up and work.

I love Fridays.

I went to my kitchen and got a bowl. I poured some cereal into it and then milk. After that, I opened the drawer and instead of grabbing a spoon, I found myself taking out the letter that the orphanages director had given me. I had moved it from under my pillow to here instead.

"Maybe it's time I read it." I said to myself.

I put a spoon inside my cereal bowl and sat on my bed. After I had swallowed a full spoon of cereal, I decided to open it and start reading.

••••••

a/n: thoughts on what's in the letter?🤔