hospitals

Sakura sat outside in one of the hospital hallways, sitting outside of Tukiko's room. She was leaning against the wall, watching as medics rushed in and out of the room. She was waiting impatiently, worried for the girl inside of the room, writhing in pain.

She had reached the hospital and the medics were shocked at the screaming girl Sakura had with her. One of them had placed a hand on Tukiko's forehead only to find her burning up. They reacted quickly. They rushed her to a room immidiately and started to check her vitals. What they found shocked even them. Tukiko had a high fever (104 F. and rising) and saw that her vitals were dropping dangerously. They all rushed to stablize her condition but had problems. For one thing, Tukiko was thrashing around in her sleep and wouldn't sit still. Not to mention she was screaming and refused to let any of them near her. The medics all tried to do something because if they didn't, Tukiko would end up dying.

As all of them were trying to figure out what to do, Tsunade had come to the scene and immidiately took control. She ordered a few of them to tie down Tukiko to the bed so that she wouldn't squirm around. They did what they were told but Tukiko made it difficult. A few minutes later, when Tukiko was safely tied to the bed, she was still thrashing her head around as if she were trying to escape. Tsunade had to end up putting some kind of drug that calmed her down and wouldn't let her thrash around. It worked. Later, Tsunade had to try to stablize Tukiko before she got any worse. It was hard though, because for some reason, Tukiko's chakra was reacting violently with the curse mark on her neck. All of this just made it hard for her to work with but she was determined not to let Tukiko die.

That was hours ago and Tsunade was still in that room trying to stablize Tukiko. Sakura grew worried each hour that passed and wished there was something she could do to help. One of her teammates was probably dying and there was nothing she could do. That shocked Sakura. If she lost one of her teammates...one of her friends, it would just break her. First it was Sasuke, who ran away from the village, now it was his sister, who was probably going to be on her deathbed soon. Sakura wished that Naruto would hurry up and bring Sasuke back home. He needed to see Tukiko if she was going to die...just one last time. Earlier, Kakashi had come to the hospital asking where Tsunade was. Sakura told him that she was trying to heal Tukiko. Then Kakashi asked where Naruto and Sasuke were. She told him that Sasuke left the village and some of the genins and Shikamaru were on a mission to get him. All of that had happened just yesterday. Shocked, Kakashi told her to tell Tsunade that he was going to go after them. Then he set out to bring home Naruto and Sasuke.

Another hour passed. Sakura was biting her lip and jumped as Tukiko's agnoized scream sounded from the room. It sounded so horrible and heart wrenching. She was in so much pain. So for two more hours, she sat there wondering what was going on with Tukiko.

Tukiko writhed with pain coursing through her body. She wanted the pain to desperately stop. Anything would do!

Just make this pain stop! I don't care if I have to die! Just make all of this stop!

For as long as she lived, she had never felt pain this intense. All of this was too much for her! She would even die just to let it end. This was even worse than when she was in that Sharingan genjutsu her brother forced her into. That was mental pain that she had experianced back then. Right now, though, she was experiancing physical and emotional pain. She was still upset with Sasuke leaving and her body was aching so much. When would all of this end?

Suddenly, the pain stopped for just a moment. One minute Tukiko felt her lying on a bed and the next she found herself standing in a dark abyss. Her feet were planted on the solid darkness. She was so confused. Where was she?

"Hello?" she called out. Her voice echoed through the dark, reverberated as if there were walls around. She ran a hand through her hair, too confused. "Where am I?"