promises

A soft melody drifted through the halls of the Uchiha home. Tukiko and Sasuke were in their room playing when they heard this melody. They had grown curious at the soft melody and went to investigate the noise like the five year olds they were. They searched through the whole house to find the noise but found none. Tukiko had entered through to the formal room where she guessed the melody was coming from. She slid open the door to see their mother sitting at the piano, her hands gliding across the white keys. She titled her head.

"Mother, what are you doing?"

The music stopped as Mikoto turned around to face her youngest children. She smiled at the two.

"Playing, honey."

"Playing what?" Sasuke asked as he entered the room. The two walked over to their mother and sat on each side of her. Their wide curious eyes stared up at her.

"A song I wrote when I was younger." She turned back to the keys, letting her hands glide over them. The soft music sounded the room again. Tukiko and Sasuke closed their eyes with a smile on their face, swaying to the soft melody that calmed them. Mikoto smiled at how her children were quiet for the song. It was a precious sight to see.

"It's very pretty, Mother," Tukiko commented, resting her head on her mother's arm.

"Thank you, sweetie." Mikoto had finished the song and let her fingers hover over the piano. She smiled at her two children. "Would you like to hear another?" The two eagerly nodded. They loved the music that their mother was playing. "But can you two sing along? I'll play the music while you two sing the words."

"What do you mean?" The two asked simoltanously.

"This song has words to it."

The two twins looked at each other and nodded.

"Okay, we'll sing!"

Mikoto smiled yet again at her two children and lowered the song sheet so that they could see the words. They leaned up to see the words and silently agreed that Tukiko would sing the first part to the song. She was the one who liked to sing between the two. Mikoto knew that Tukiko was going to sing first so she started to play the song.

What I thought wasn't mine

In the light

Was one of a kind,

A precious pearl

When I wanted to cry

I couldn't cause I

Wasn't allowed

Gomenasai for everything

Gomenasai, I know I let you down

Gomenasai till the end

I never needed a friend

Like I do now

What I thought wasn't all

So innocent

Was a delicate doll

Of porcelain

When I wanted to call you

And ask you for help

I stopped myself

Gomenasai for everything

Gomenasai, I know I let you down