Chapter 41: Ablaze

Gently now, she lay Gemma's body in the wooden boat. Paraffin stung her nose but Zuri ignored it along with the free-falling tears. She pushed the boat out to sea, hidden between two cliffs, she turned her gaze to the rising sun and diminishing stars. Then slowly, she grasps the bow, arrow tip dipped in paraffin, she sets it on fire and pulls the arrow back using her full human strength.
"This is how you wanted your funeral." She whispered to herself.

Flashback.

The fan turned slow, heads down. The students jitter, impatiently awaiting the bell to ring. It was taking far too long to do its....RIIIIIIIIIIIIING. It teared the silence, unleashing a horde of pupils upon the field. Gemma ambled out the class last along with Zuri. Sneaky, Zuri hopped onto Gemma's back and yelled
"Surprise piggyback ride!" The corridors empty, only them two, timeless walks to the field.
"Next time, I'll give you a surprise..." Gemma shrugs, not knowing what to say as Zuri took multiple selfies.

"You know Z, I've been thinking how I want my funeral to go. I want it different." She began.

"How? What do you mean." Zuri raised an eyebrow, the atmosphere got deep.

"Tell Dad I said that I want to be cremated, on a boat setting out to sea. And Zuri... don't cry." Gemma walked slower. Zuri hugged her neck tight.

"I promise I'll do everything not to let you die. Keep you alive." Zuri whispered in her ear. Gemma smiled

"The meaning of life..." Gemma began, Zuri sighed rather loudly.
"You only turned 10 yesterday. Not 100, don't act wise."
"Reality check, you turned 10 today."
"It'd be awkward if we were twins." Zuri threw in

Footsteps echoed from behind them. Loud and fast approaching.
"Gemma do you trust me?" Zuri whispered.
"Yeah." She responded.
"With your life."
"No brainer."
Zuri clasped her hands around Gemma's eyes.
"Now listen to the sound of my voice...Run."
"Detention students, hey you stop." The teacher behind them yelled. Gemma ran off.
"You ever wonder how it'd be if we were lesbian Z?"

End of Flashback

She let go of the arrow, it swooped through the air and hit the boat, setting it ablaze.
"Your wish is my command."

Im sorry for this short chapter but it had to be done. Hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Please tell me what you liked and how I can improve, constructive criticism. Also share with other lovely wattpadders like yourself, who also might enjoy.

STAY SAFE ASSASSINS, you never know.