Dangerous- Fillie AU~ Part 3

Depuis le début

He wouldn't give Douchebag Sartorious the satisfaction of one of his trusted employees joining him.

"But sir... can you at least try to sleep?" She asks, eyes filled with hope. His hard expression falls at the sight of her worried face. He licks his dry lips, and nods.

"Good." She mumbles, staring into his deep brown eyes. Something was different about them. They didn't hold the usual cold stare. But what she couldn't understand was; what was swirling in the chocolate contents of his mesmerizing eyes?

Lust.

But he didn't dare act on his emotions right now, he knew better. His whole life, he was told to keep it inside, because no one would care. No person would take 10 minutes to talk out his emotions. He was just a speak of dust in the universe, serving no real purpose in the end.

They are whipped back to reality when a loud bang is heard, and they immediately turn to where the sound was heard. Finn slowly takes his gun out of his pocket, and holds it steadily in his hands.

Millie, who is defenseless, clings onto his arm. He slightly relaxes, needing a way to know she was okay.

Bang.

Finn takes a few steps forward, ready to attack at any moment. Millie follows, still holding onto his arm, letting out a shaky breath. "Who the fu-"

Footsteps approach quicker, making Finn trail off, his hand tightening around the gun, his other arm reaching out to make sure Millie was still with him.

A dark figure stops in its tracks, seeing Finn and Millie. "Who are you?" Finn calls, voice laced with anger, suspicion, and even a bit of fear. But not for himself.

"Shit." The voice loudly swears, and turns around, rushing the other direction. "Hey!" Finn calls, rushing after him. "Stay there!" Finn yells back to Millie, as he follows quickly after the figure.

Down the hall, turning right, turning right again, down the stairs, turning left, going straight to the door!

Finn takes the opportunity of the figure running in a direct path in front of him, and he pulls the trigger.

A bullet erupts from his gun, spiraling towards the figure, who dodges it at the last moment. He bolts out fo the door, and is gone before Finn can yank the door open.

He swears loudly, kicking the door furiously. He sighs, putting the gun back in his pocket, and rushes back to check on Millie.

There, waiting in the hall with a shocked and terrified expression on her beautiful face, is Millie. "Millie." He whispers, walking closer to her shaking body.

His heart twitches in pain when he sees the tears flowing out of her brown orbs. "M-Mr. Wolfhard." She stutters, more tears falling down her face.

He says nothing, but pulls her into his toned chest. Millie doesn't hesitate as she sobs against him. He wraps his arms around her neck, and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"Shhh, it's okay. I know that was terrifying, believe me, I know. But working here, this stuff happens a lot. I told you this job was dangerous. That's why I want to help you." He mumbles into her neck.

She shivers slightly as his lips brush against her neck. She bites her lip, choking back the few more sobs she wanted to let out.

She nods, pulling away unsurely. "D-did you get him?"

He shakes his head guiltily. He had killed men before, with no hesitation. He had a great aim. So why couldn't he do this simple task?

"I'm so sorry, Millie." He mumbles, the rage inside of him beating himself up. How could he have been such an idiot? He was risking an innocent, young, and hopeful girl's life.

"Don't be. They caught us both off guard." She brushes a strand of his hair out of his eyes, which were slightly wetter than usual.

"I should have been able to catch him." He says more to himself.

"Don't blame yourself. You did what you could." She puts a finger on his lips, and he nods.

Silence falls upon them. Not an awkward silence, but a recovering silence. "Mr. Wolfhard?" She asks, breaking the silence after a few moments.

He raises his head, non verbally showing her that his attention was on her.

"Do you know who that was, by any chance?"

He shakes his head, wishing he knew, so he could beat the daylights out of them. He had a feeling the person was working for Sartorious. He didn't know how, or why, but he had a gut feeling.

"Thank you for protecting me, Mr. Wolfhard." She softly smiles at him.

"Don't thank me, it's what we do. And please, when we're alone, call me Finn."
***

Wow this is short, sorry.

Word count: 1438