I wanted to scoffed at the mere thought. I didn't care about this place one bit. I won't cry a tear even if it burns to ashes.

Ryder sighed, “The Alpha had another fight with Reece. What else.”

My interest was picked up at this.

So the news was related to my dearest enemy afterall.

“Why?” I asked, sounding worried.

“I don't know, I'll have to go there to find out. All I know is that I'm getting tired of their bullshit. They fight almost everyday. And then I'm called to become the peacemaker. Even the beta has given up on those two and he refuses to talk to them about this. They have so many differences, sometimes I wonder even if Reece is his flesh and blood.”

My eyes shot up at his statement, and I turned to look at him. He looked really pissed.

Ryder is a really patient person to say the least. And to have pissed him to this extent, those two must have done some serious things.

Also, it was surprising to hear Ryder badmouth the Alpha. Perhaps because he's a really loyal person to the pack.

“You're saying that?” I said, my voice justifying the amount of shock I was in.

Ryder understood what I meant and sighed.

“Yeah, I mean, it might not totally be the fact that they keep fighting. It might also be my anger and disappointment towards them.

You know what, Livy, if it wasn't for the fact that I had promised my father that I will look after this pack and give my life for it if necessary, I would have left this place days ago. After what they did to you, and after how they're behaving now, I'm just shocked and flabbergasted.

Reece still has the guts to act entitled and like he did nothing. He never apologized to you, far from that, he never even accepted that he made a mistake and tried to cover up his sins by saying that he was saving his mate. None of the pack members bothered to meet you or ask you if you were okay. Alpha never acknowledged your bravery and everyone's acting like nothing happened. What kind of a selfish pack do we live in?”

I took a sharp breathe as his words hit me right in the senses. He had said everything I've ever felt and it felt kind of nice to know that he cared enough to feel that way.

“Can you take me to the pack house with you?” I said, changing the topic a bit.

I was glad that Ryder cared about me. But I couldn't get him to go against the pack. Because until the pack trusts him, he's my only and closest source to know what's going on in there.

“Sure.”

<><><>

“Why did you even want to come?” He asked, in curiosity and I shrugged.

“I don't know, I felt like I should.” I replied vaguely and he gave me a weird look.

“Alright,” he murmured as we reached the gates of the house I had once lived in for a short time before living the hardest days of my life.

I gulped, feeling a little anxious to go inside. I hadn't thought of it before but I'll be seeing all those people inside whom I have been trying to avoid.