2.02 | try

“You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to, give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing
You don't have to try,”

---

2.02 | try

- Olivia -

“A dog?” Ryder asked as if I had asked for a pet tiger instead of a puppy.

“Yup,” I nodded.

But he still looked at me incredulously making me annoyed.

“What!” I said, exasperated.

“No, nothing. I'm just not able to grasp how you'll take care of a little creature when you can barely remember to feed yourself.”

I don't know if there was humour in his tone or genuine worry for my mental health but I hit him nonetheless.

“Shut up.” I muttered. “I don't forget to feed myself, okay? I love food. I didn't grow this,” I tapped my tummy which has zero muscles by the way, “just like that.”

He rolled his eyes, “Yeah right. And all you eat is unhealthy junk food. You need to get a more nutritious diet.”

“Says the one who ate an entire box of chocolates this afternoon.” I retorted.

“But I work out,” he said.

I was about to say something back when Ryder suddenly halted in his place, and became silent. His eyes started widening as if he was hearing something shocking and it took me a minute to realise that he must be having a conversation with his wolf or to some pack member via mind link.

I stood patiently, even though I was curious to know what was happening.

Keeping the fact that I was trying to make my life normal again, I was well aware of why I was here.

In other words, I was outwardly trying to fix my life back together and I was trying to look for positive people. But I also didn't, and I couldn't forget about why I was here to begin with. Why I hadn't ran away and found a new life. Why I had decided to come back to this hell hole to torture myself by seeing the faces of the ones who betrayed me everyday.

And so, everything that happens in and out of the pack house holds great importance to me. I need to know what's going on with the alpha or the scumbag on Earth— Reece, in order to formulate a plan.

I didn't want to be too quick. I wanted to take my time and cook something up slowly. I didn't want to get caught in any manner.

“What happened?” I asked, trying to sound genuinely worried after sometime when I felt Ryder's mind link had finished.

He shook his eyes, looking worried himself.

“I need to go to the pack house.” He said. “But only once you reach home.”

“Alright.” I said, walking with him as we sped up, but my question was still unanswered.

“Tell me what happened,” I insisted again, not making it sound like I was fishing for information, but as if I was worried about this pack.