38 | close

“Cause if I want you, and I want you, babe
Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space
Cause space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...
Close,
I want you close.”

---

38 | close

- Olivia -

"If he buys you food, he's a keeper." Katherine said, wiggling her eyebrows. She was referring to the fact that Chance and I picked up pizza on our way back to pack house.

"Yeah whatever. It was just pick up pizza," I said, trying to play it cool.

"HEY! PIZZA IS THE BEST," Katherine defended and I couldn't agree more.

I nodded as I popped a popcorn in my mouth and continued on my homework.

Katherine and I were in my room after Chance got us back in the pack house and we were trying to get done with tonnes of homework school piled on us.

"Oh god, you are doing chemistry for me and I'll do your English for you." Katherine said, looking at me with puppy eyes and I shook my head.

"No Kat. You can't keep bailing out. You need to learn this, otherwise how will you pass?"

Kat groaned. "I'll find a way, Oli. Just right now, I don't want to see the face of stoichiometry."

I frowned at her disapprovingly, but gave in. I always give into her.

"Fine," I grumbled and we got back to our works.

"So," Kat began. "How was the date?"

An involuntary smile graced upon my face at the mention of the date and I barely stopped myself from grinning like a love sick teenager.

"It was great," I mumbled.

Kat looked at me with eager eyes. Obviously, wanting more details.

"We went to watch the sunset and then..." I told her every single little detail about the evening and she listened intently. It is like a girl's rule.

Your best friend deserves every detail about your special night.

No matter what.

So I told her everything.

"...then he asked me to be his girlfriend." I concluded and Katherine's eyes bulged out.

"Oh my god! Did you say, yes?" Katherine asked, referring to Chance's proposal.

I smiled. "Of course."

Kat cooed, "Aw, look at you, blushing like a love sick girl," she pulled my cheeks and I swatted her hands away, frowning.

"Shut up, Kat.

"But like, I'm surprised." Katherine said, looking genuinely shocked. "Werewolves don't usually ask their mates to be their girlfriends because they're like... mates. And isn't that way better and more than being a girlfriend? It doesn't make sense...but maybe he wanted to seal the deal with a gesture?"

I shrugged and hugged my knees. "Don't know. Mates don't usually call each other girlfriend and boyfriend because they're mates. But I think Chance did it because he wanted to show everyone in the school that I mean something to him and I am not just one of his conquests."

"Then why doesn't he just declare that you're his mate?" Katherine asked.

That question made me frown.