18 | the sound

You're so conceited
I said "I love you"
What does it matter if I lie to you?
I don't regret it but I'm glad that we're through
So don't you tell me that you 'just don't get it'
Cause I know you do.
Well I know when you're around cause I know the sound
I know the sound, of your heart.”

15 | the sound

•Olivia•

"...So I just want to wait till I mark you. Then, we can tell the world that we're mates." He said and I sighed.

He apologized. And he gave an explanation. I should be satisfied and I should forgive him. His explanation sounded valid enough. But for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do that. Something in me was ready to forgive him yet and somewhere in my heart I knew I could forgive him, but not forget.

I could never forget how belittled and hurt I felt.

I took my hand out of his grip and unentangled our fingers. Putting my hands on my lap I started fiddling with them.

"Chance," I said, "listen, I get your explanation...I get why you did it. But I feel like I have you too many chances."

Given a chance to Chance.

I scoffed at my own thought and his eyes softened.

"I have given you a lot of chances and everytime you screw up, a part of me broke. What you did, and why you did it- the explanation- might have eased my curiosity- but my pain is yet to be healed. I ...I can't forgive you that easily, Chance. I am sorry."

I looked out of the window and sighed. I know I was being difficult. But I don't want to give him false hope. If we ever get together- I want there to be no grudge between us. And that seemed impossible at this moment.

"I'm not saying that I'll never forgive you. But not just now." I continued. "I need time,"

'Forgive him, you idiot!' A raspy voice said in my head and at first I thought it was my own voice in my head.

But my voice isn't raspy. My voice doesn't sound to strong and authoritative.

And most of all, I knew it wasn't my subconscious because it was my wolf.

I could feel it.

My hands started sweating my heart started leaping with joy. I decided to ignore the fact that my wolf called me a idiot and I celebrated hearing her for the first time.

"What happened?" Chance questioned, probably noticing my zone-out.

I shook my head and grinned from ear-to-ear. I was so happy.

"I heard my wolf!" I told him excitedly.

At first he furrowed his eyebrows, as if confused about why it was a great deal. But then realization dawned upon him as he asked, "You haven't shifted yet, have you?"

I shook my head and he nodded in understanding.

"Can you hear her now?" He asked, curiosity clear in his voice.

I tried to search in me, any trace of her, but nothing was there. It was as if I imagined her. But I knew I didn't just imagine her.

"No...." I whispered, "should I be worried?" I asked him. He obviously knows more than I do about this.

He gave me a sweet smile. "It's normal to happen, sweetheart. Hearing her voice is the first sign of her arrival. Soon you'd shift as well."

My heart soared with happiness at the thought of shifting soon and I grinned excitedly.