Imagine #19

Kaycee and Y/n sat at Kaycees dinning room table while they ate their yogurt and grapes and talked about practically endless things. You most likely wouldn't understand what they were talking about unless you could understand pointless, mindless, fast rambling matched with being inturputed by their own laughter. Kylie and Laura stood in the kitchen talking and smiling at the two young girls. They were fixing a lunch that was supposed to be for everyone but Kaycee and Y/n refused to wait for lunch while they put on a dramatic scene on why they needed to eat in that very moment, which lead to them getting a small snack insead of a lunch. Kylie looked over to her mother while she picked up a butterknife and grabbed the peanut-butter along with the bread. "What do you think's going to happen when Kaycee tells Y/n?" Kylie asks while she begins to spread the peanut-butter onto the bread. "I'm not sure, but Kylie as I said before even though we've known Y/n since Kaycee and her were three doesn't mean we known for sure she likes Sean as well." Laura says while helping her eldest daughter with making the lunch. "But Y/n acts the same way with Sean as Kaycee does." Kylie points out, she loved both Kaycee and Y/n and she had always knew that Kaycee and Y/n liked Sean, she knew before either of them knew themselves, and she just didn't want it to ruin the strong bond that was built between the two talented girls, so she tried to think of everything possible and think of every soultion she could give to them.

Without really noticing it Kaycee and Y/n had finished their food and just sat talking and laughing as normal. It was only when Devon walked in slightly dampen from the lake water, where he had just been swimming, and hugged Kaycee that they noticed they had been there longer than expected. Kaycee giggled and squealed pushing away from the cold and damp boy who tried to hold her in a tight embrace. Y/n laughed at the siblings while she picked up hers and Kaycees plates and plastic silverware throwing it away while the rest of the family sat down at the table ready for their late lunch. "Y/n you ready?" Kaycee asks nodding her head to the hallway showing Kaycee was ready to go to the room where they could dance, workout, hangout, lay around. It was what Kaycee called her "playroom." As a child she used it for dancing around, and playing with her toys. Now as a teenager she used it for everything except eating and relaxing, that she did, well, basically in the rest of the house.

Kaycee and Y/n walked into the 'playroom' and began to play music though they kept it at a soft tone since they knew they'd end up talking through most of what they were doing. They being to warm up and streach while they listen to the music and Kaycee decides to break the comfortable silence between the two to get something off her chest. Kaycee and Y/n had their legs open and their feet against the others and they had their arms locked when Kaycee spoke so they unlock arms but kept their feet together. "So I have some news." Kaycee says a smile on her face which brought one to Y/n. "Alright what is it?" She asks the smile staying on her face seeing her best friend so happy, though it was a normal thing. "So I like a guy." Kaycee says which made Y/n move from her position bringing her legs under so she's sitting on her legs and she bounced slightly. "Who is it? Who is it?" Y/n basically looked like the squirel off of hoodwinked when he got coffee because she looked so hyper and so happy. "You ready?" Kaycee asks a smile on her face as she moved herself to match Y/ns position setting on her own legs as well and she prepared herself for the happy outburst from her best friend. "Yeah come on!" Y/n says happily and encouraging her to say it.

"It's Sean." Kaycee says her smile growing waiting to be tackled into a hug, though that didn't happen. Y/n didn't know why but her whole mood seemed to go down as her smile faultered for a second, but she refused to let that happen and ruin Kaycees happiness. Y/n quickly tackled Kaycee into a hug like she would have if it had been someone, anyone else. Though they giggled together and hugged each other tightly Kaycee took note of how Y/ns smile faultered, if she hadn't been staring at her so intensly she wouldn't of noticed but she did, and she also noticed how Y/ns arua seemed to become tense. They sobered up from their laughter and sat up both of them crossing their legs while they look at each other. Y/n faked her best smile and just hoped Kaycee couldn't see through it. "So what are you gonna do?" Kaycee couldn't see the difference in Y/ns facial expression but when she heard her voice and heard how strained and forced it sounded it made her heart drop, had she upset her best friend? Kaycee disguarded Y/ns question and said one of her own. "Y/n, is there something wrong?" Kaycee asks her voice now small and shy as if they had just met yesterday, and it made Y/ns heart drop just the same as Kaycees. "What? No? What are you talking about?" Behind Y/ns nervous words there was a fast headshake as if it would convince Kaycee though it didn't.

Soon after that encounter Y/ns mother came and got her, it had confused Kaycee and her mother since Y/n was supposed to stay for the whole week and she had another two days, little did they know Y/n had texted her and told her to come get her. Y/n couldn't own up to her own crush and tell her best friend and she refused to ruin her best friends happiness, so she decided to take the next two days to focus on letting the crush go so Kaycee could be happy, in her mind Kaycee deserved the happiness more. It didn't work. The whole two days all she did was focus on losing the crush she had only recently realized she had. Though, through the same two days Kaycee spent the time seeking advice from her sister, though she would just leaving the feeling saying should could do it, though at three on the second day she finally went to her sister to was luckily still in her room. "Hey Kylie I need some advice." Kaycee says from outside the door to Kylies room while she waited for the assurance she was allowed to enter. "Alright Kaycee come in." She says and Kaycee smiled from the sturdy voice from her sister, she was always one of her safe havens. Kaycee sat at the edge of her older sisters bed. Kylie closed her book and set it on the nightstand that was beside her bed. "Alrighty what is it?" Kylie asks with a reassuring smile as she sat up looking at her sister who seemed to be distraught, this was the first time she'd ever seen Kaycee like this, and she had a strong feeling of why she was like this. "So the other day when Y/n was here I told her I liked someone. She was like really happy, like she always is, when I told her." Kaycee then sighed pushing her fingers through her short curly hair. "But then when I told her it was Sean she seemed, I don't know, not happy?" Kaycee says her voice completely unsure of her words as she didn't know how to explain it. Kylie gave Kaycee a small smile understanding fully what had happened, it was what she expected to happen. "What happened after you told her?" Kylie asks knowing she'd need to know what happened before she gave her advice. "She got queit for a second and then hugged me and we laughed, and she talked to me the same." Kaycee realized what she was explaining could make it seem like there was nothing wrong. "But. But her voice was different. Kylie there was something wrong." Kaycee says quickly trying to make sure her sister understood and Kylie chuckled lightly. "Kase, I think she might like Sean too." Kylie says trying to make her sister see. "Oh." Kaycees reply simple yet her brain was filled with the new information. Kaycee sat in silence while she listened to her sisters voice speak useful words of advice.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Requested by: powerlilly
So I decided to make this a two parter, I hope you don't mind. I really enjoyed the plot and my idea made the chapter very lengthy so I figured it would be better as a two chapter Imagine. Please keep requesting! And good luck to anyone who is starting school this week!