Imagine #16 (part 2)

"We need to talk." Josh says sternly taking y/n by surprise but she simply nods weakily as she closes her laptop setting it on the bedside desk along with the small plate as she crosses her legs and looks up at him. "Alright." She says taking in a breath afraid for the conversation she knew was to come. "What's going on with us?" Josh asks as he moves to sit at the edge of their shared bed not knowing how to have this conversation, he never had a doubt in their realationship so he never had to practice something like this but he realized he should have because of the look on y/ns face neither of them knew what to say. "I uhm, well I don't know? We're adults and-" Y/n was cut off from her explination from Josh raising his voice slightly, it was the first time she'd ever really heard him raise his voice because they'd never really fought, but his voice wasn't forceful, it was as if he refused to believe that they were having this conversation, like he wanted nothing to change from when they were children, and she felt the same way yet she knew this conversation needed to happen and if everything turned out how she wanted then their realationship would be stronger. "Just because we're adults doesn't mean we have to be distant!" Joshs voice already sounded distraught but he couldn't help it, the worst thing that could happen to him was losing y/n and he felt as if it was begining to happen. Y/n sighed at his words and stood up but stayed beside the bed. "No it doesn't." Her voice was gentle and calm which would surprise anyone witnessing this due to the fact that y/n was the one to start any type of argument and would be the one to blow everything out of the water. "But it does mean we get busier. We have more to think about other than just each other now, you know that." Y/n kept speaking and keeping her voice steady, and what she said was true, they had had the talk about how they would become busy several times, they just never realized how hard it would be to stay away from each other due to the fact their whole life they had been connected at the hip. "Yeah but we never see each other." His voice was still distraught and very strained, he was tired, he had been up for a full 48 hours and honestly this was the last thing he wanted to be doing but it would always be the least wanted thing from the both of them. "You have a whole new life." Josh says pointing to his girl as he sits at the edge of the bed again burring his head in his hands and then looking back up at her before speaking. "You get home late, you talk about things I don't understand, I never know if you're safe or not, I never know what you're doing, or anything. I just miss us. I miss you." Josh didn't want to fight with her, he just wanted the problem to end.

Y/n listened to his words and then moved to him and bent down so she was on her feet with her knees bent and placed her arms on his legs. "I'm sorry." She spoke lightly as he looked down at her with a look in his eyes that she couldn't reconizged. "We can fix this though." She nodded as she spoke with full trust and a small smile came onto Joshes face as he became hopeful and happy. "We can set dates where we spend the whole day together no matter what, we can have lunches together, we can set a time to get home so we have time together, we can call, text, anything because I'm not losing you." Y/n spoke and Josh nodded along with her words liking the idea, sure sometimes it would be hard for the both of them but they would make it work if they truly loved each other, which they did. "Alright, sounds perfect, can we set the times tomorrow though?" Josh asks obviously tired and y/n could see that so she nods. "I'm going to brush my teeth." She says smiling as she walks to the bathroom that is connected to their bedroom. While she was brushing her teeth there was a call on her phone and Josh answers and simply gave it to y/n hearing the voice. "Josh who is it?" She asks as she rinses out her mouth from the taste of tooth paste, she didn't want to talk to anyone except Josh at the moment. "Kaycee, she sounded upset." Josh says lightly holding the phone away from his ear and mouth, at the mention of her best friend she quickly grabs the phone from him muttering a 'thank you' to Josh while smoothing out her hair with her left hand and staring at Josh as she speaks. "Hey Kase what's-" y/n was inturupted by a sniffle on the other end of the line. "Kaycee are you alright? What happened?" Y/n barley used Kaycees whole name since they all had nicknames that they used for each other, for you to hear your full name from one of their friends was if your mother had yelled your whole name, in a sense it made every situation seem real and worrisome, so much as so when Josh heard her full name he straightened up worried for one of his best friends watching y/n as her face showed confusion and concern. "He uhm-he broke up with me." Kaycees voice shook as she spoke and y/n couldn't help but become even more confused, unlike Josh she didn't see them a lot, she kept up to date with Kaycee but they never seemed to talk about their realationships with each other much, y/n didn't like it because she always thought that Kaycee and Sean were the perfect couple so when she would complain to Kaycee there would normally be a reference such as "well if Sean would.." or anything like that, though it was a normal response it would make her feel as if her realationship wasn't as good, and the same went to Kaycee, so unlike Josh who knew of the problems that at least Sean was having she knew of nothing. "Wait Sean-" She was once again cut off but Kaycees scared and upset voice. "Listen I can explain all that but I'm alone outside right now and I really don't like it I know you're probably busy but I had no one else to call and I wouldn't call you if I didn't really need you to." She was confused, even if Sean and Kaycee had the worlds biggest fight there was no way he would leave her outside alone. "Sean wouldn't-" She was once again cut off because Kaycee seemed to know excatly what she was going to say. "Yeah I know he wouldn't that's why I made him. Listen I know it was stupid and you can lecture me later but now can you come get me? You can drop me off at my sisters or moms or somewhere just please I'm really scared." Kaycee spoke and y/n could hear the saddness dripping from her words and she nodded. "Yeah okay, send me your address don't move, stay on the phone with me." Kaycee and y/n already knew the drill due to the several parties or events where they would end up walking home alone calling the other to pick them up. "Josh you coming?" Y/n asked as she ran down the steps with him following. "Of course." Even though y/n didn't get to finish her sentences and he couldn't hear Kaycee he had a pretty good idea of what had happened.

It was nearing three in the morning when a tired y/n and Josh drove into their driveway and walked into their house. It took them a while to find Kaycee due to the fact her phone wouldn't send the address so Kaycee had to give them directions which caused them to have to go all the way to the studio they stopped at and a lot of last minute turns and backtracks, there were also several times when Kaycee would become afriad because cars would slow down and go next to her leaving her telling them what the car looked like and some of the license plates numbers until she finally realized she was sitting next to a stop sign. Then they decided to take her to her brother who was the closest but he wasn't there, then her sister who also wasn't there, making them go to her parents who were very concerned to see Kaycee with a tear stained face and an exhausted look at two in the morning. When the couple made it up to their bed they simply callasped onto it, face down, sighing as the landed and then finally going into a comfortable positon and turning off the lamp next to Joshes side of the bed. They laid in the middle of the bed with y/ns head of Joshes chest and his right arm around her body while the rest of her body seemed to get tangled with his legs. They were tired and sore and were honestly glad to be in bed and have each other, Kaycee and Sean breaking up hit too close to home for them in that moment.

As Josh was about to fall asleep to y/n tracing words and patterns on his clothed chest his eyes fluttered open when he noticed what one of the words spelled out 'stay.' He sighed lightly and moved her to the side so they were staring at each other through the thick darkness, y/n hadn't realized he was awake or else she wouldn't of traced the word because he was always good at firguring out what the word was. Josh moved his left hand to go to her face softly and gently, he moved her hair out of her face and back behind her ear, his fingers danced along her skin softly and then tucked down behind her head and to the back of her neck as is to kiss her. "I do not plan to leave you. Ever." His words came out as softly as his actions and he pressed his lips to hers, it was a short meaningful kiss, so short she didn't have enough time to kiss back. But it meant something, it was an unsaid promise that would never be broken.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Requested by: powerlilly
So this had some unneeded stuff but I always liek to show how my character or you can realte and have a strong connection to everyone and not just that one charater plsu I thought it showed how much you or the character is trusted and how you love and care for others. I realized that I didn't have any Josh imagines so I started this one and kind of liked it, it was a little harder writing the "fight" part because I feel like Josh would never do that, that's why that part isn't as bad as it would be if a couple in a movie fought about being distant. I really hope you guys liked it. I just wanna say THANK YOU for reading this book I never thought it would get this far and I love all of you who read, comment, and vote. PLEASE REQUEST I'M OUT OF IDEAS!

{8.14.18}