Chapter one: The road that leads you to me

Start from the beginning

“Hey,” Jenn greeted with a kind slightly sleepy smile.

“Hi.” I said and nodded to Kyle. I drove off.

“How are you feeling?” I asked Jenn seeing she held her hand to her stomach protectively.

“Great but they have been throwing a party.” She says meaning the babies. Her smile showed how much she loved her children, it is a look no one but a mother can produce, fathers also have a specific look but nothing like that of a mother.

“Maybe you should ground them.” I laugh and Jenn joins in.

“Great idea, sweethearts, you are grounded until birth, you hear that?” She said while patted her stomach lightly.

I smiled, my thoughts wandering back to the dreams and trying to think of how I would start that conversation. But knowing Jenn, that problem would be solved soon.

“What’s wrong, you seem to be thinking really hard?” She asked right on que.

“I had a dream last night…” I said.

“Good dream of bad dream?” She asked.

“Both.” I said softly.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She asked.

“Yes,” I said, “Very much…” Jenn nodded and I pulled over into a deserted parking lot at the beginning of a forest path, a place never used much but even less when it rained.

“So… what was it about?” Jenn asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt and turned towards me.

“About me, I was standing in a meadow and I heard… pitter patter, little feet and I turned to find 4 children running towards me 3 older than the last but I can’t recal their faces, the forth was a beautiful little girl with curly sandy hair and dark blue eyes like mine, she was about six and she smiled I picked her up and I just know she was my daughter and then she pointed to where you and a woman with the same sandy hair stood next to you, you were pregnant again and crying and then everything started turning black, the girl was ripped away from me the woman who was her mother sank to the floor and disappeared and you reached out to me and told me you were sorry before disappearing and when I was a lone, a big arm pulled me into the darkness as well.”

Jenn stared at me, waiting for the rest when she realized there wouldn’t be more.

“That was when you woke up?” She asked.

“That was when I woke up.” I confirmed her question.

“That’s great!!” Jenn said.

“How is that great?” I asked her with slight anger and confusion.

“Easy Justin, you now know you’re looking for someone with sandy hair and you will have a beautiful daughter one day! Dreams don’t mean anything really, they are there to please or scare us. You are probably scared of never finding your mate so she disappeared before you saw her face and afraid that when you find her your family will be ripped away from you. I cry all the time when I’m pregnant and it was just a dream.” She said making relieve wash over me.

“You always know just what to say huh?” I asked.

“Of course I do.” She said as she pinched my cheek and spoke with a funny voice.

I laughed. She had managed to relieve me a great deal, but a lingering feeling told me that it wasn’t correct.

I shook it off and held on to the feeling of relieve, as well as to the comforting words of Jenn. Jenn buckled her seatbelt again when she realized something.