Chapter one: The road that leads you to me

Justin’s P.O.V.

Soft pitter patter was all around me, little feet running towards me. I turned around a happy feeling overcame me, I turned and turned until I saw the source of the pitter patter, 4 children, 3 of them older than the forth, but the small one, the youngest was what I was happy about, beautiful sandy colored hair hung in soft curls around her face, it was such an enchanting girl I just wanted to scoop her up and hold her to my chest, she put her arms up, signaling she wanted me to pick her up. She smiled, reavealing her present and missing teeth, she was about six, meaning she was already switching. Her eyes a dark blue, exact replica’s of mine. This was my daughter. A smile grew to my cheeks as I realized this small perfect bundle was my little girl. I held her to my chest and kissed her head. She put her hands on my chest and stared at me for a moment. A funny smile appeared on her face just before she let her tongue slide over my cheek and she burst out in giggles.

I laughed and smiled down at her. I sat her on my right arm as I looked around for someone else, her mother. The little girl pointed to the edge of the meadow where we had been standing, I saw Jenn, her belly big again and I guessed she was pregnant again, tears were streaming down her face, not happy tears, but tears of sadness and horror, she was talking to another woman, I studied the other woman, her sandy colored hair and soft girl. The mother of my child. I walked over, to see her but also comfort Jenn. But as I walked over everything around me slowly went black.

“Daddy!” I heard the girl scream but she was pulled out of my arms before I could react, I ran toward the woman with the sandy hair, my mate, but she sank to the ground and disappeared in the darkness. Jenn held out her hands to me.

“I’m sorry.” She said before fading slowly into the darkness, out of my reach. I screamed into the darkness, for my little girl, my mate and my best friend. I also screamed for Kyle, he hadn’t been there, he wouldn’t leave Jenn alone… Out of the darkness an arm appeared, it’s long fingers coming from far away, wrapping around my neck and pulling me into the darkness with it, I screamed.

I woke up, screaming my head off, relieved it had been a dream.

I laid back into the pillows, my hands under my head and stared at the ceiling, the girl in my dream, she had been so real, so vivid, so warm… I wanted her, nearly as badly as I wanted the mother, but since the girl had a face my mind and heart were chasing after her. I sighed and sank further into my bed, reliving every second of the dream, wondering why Jenn had seemed so sad and sorry, sorry about what?

Ring ring ring

My alarm went off, 8 am, time to head off with Jenn to shop for a bridal dress… I jumped up, suddenly glad, I wanted to talk to her about my dream to see what she thought.

I stripped of the boxers I had slept in, changed into clean ones pulled on black trousers and a white button up shirt. I wanted to look nice, people who sell bridal gowns can look incredibly mean when you look sloppy. I pulled on black socks and shoes and grabbed my wallet and keys before heading out. A coat would be advisable for humans on a day like this, it was raining. But since I was a werewolf, I felt superior to mother nature, however, only slightly.

I jumped into my car and drove the few miles to Kyle and Jenn’s house. I arrived and Jenn ran out right away, covering her head and stomach from the rain. Kyle stood in the doorway and gave me a stern nod, his arms crossed over his chest. I knew it was hard on him, letting me go with Jenn. The past has learned I might put her on a plane to go for a trip…

But this time I didn’t kick him in the royal jewels (not the sparkly kind) to have him realize what Jenn meant to him. And this time there is no Alexander to take into consideration.