TWENTY SEVEN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

TWENTY SEVEN.

❝ all i know is thatyou're the nicest thing i've seen

you're the nicest thing i've seen. ❞
— NICEST THING ; KATE NASH .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The motel room is dimly lit and somewhat cleaned. Towels hung up in the bathroom, bed made to the best it can look, items on the nightstand placed in the nicest form possible. Walking inside, I throw my backpack to the side and jump onto the large mattress. Taeyong does the same.

Letting out a sigh, Taeyong curls up next to me and rests his head on my chest. I pet his hair as he rubs my stomach.

"What should we do first?" Taeyong asks, looking up at me. I sit up further. Taeyong slithers his hand down my side and threads his fingers with mine. I squeeze on his hand.

"Hmm...well, how about we go on a date."

Taeyong chuckles. "What do you mean?"

"Well. We haven't really done much together, you know? I wanna take you places and buy you things. We haven't done that at all. I know it's because—"

"I was closeted. I know."

I kiss the top of his head. He smiles before climbing onto my lap and petting my hair. My heart skips a beat as a smile forms upon his lips. "Come on. Let's go on a date."

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"You little shit!" Taeyong screams as I run away from his wrath. The rainbow ice cream continues to drip down his face, seeping onto his lips. He wipes his face with his hand as he falls to the ground. I tackle him, spoon full of ice cream in my hands, ready to be smacked onto his face. Again.

He grips onto my wrists, forcefully keeping my hands away from his face.

"I thought you loved ice cream," I comment as I throw the spoon back into the cup, wiping Taeyong's rainbow-stained cheek.

"When it's in my mouth. Not my face."

He lets out a deep breath as my thumb reaches his lips. The smile fades from his face as he sits up again. I get off his lap, kneeling next to him. He takes a napkin from his pocket, running it across his mouth.

Something's wrong.

"Hey," I say as I sit down completely again. "You okay?"