SEVEN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

SEVEN.

❝ how would you feelif i told you i loved you? ❞— HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ; ED SHEERAN

how would you feel
if i told you i loved you?
— HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ; ED SHEERAN.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Monday. "What's your favorite food?"

Tuesday. "What's your favorite movie?"

Wednesday. "What's your favorite time of the day?"

Those were the only questions I needed to ask Taeyong to make him feel special. The week of fall break had gone on slowly, for Taeyong rarely asked to hang out. Once enough was enough, I asked him to come over during the weekend before school started up again.

I bought all the ingredients to cook some kalguksu the day Taeyong planned to come over. I made Jinhyuck rent Frozen on the TV. Taeyong would be over at seven o'clock.

When he arrives, Jinhyuck makes sure my button-up tee looks in line with my neck, and all the buttons are matched. He leaves the top one open and adjusts the collar.

Taeyong wears almost the same exact outfit he wore the last time I saw him, which is a black shirt with some ripped-jeans. It doesn't matter, though, because he's Taeyong, and he looks great no matter what.

"Hey," I greet, opening the door for him. He gives me a big smile—probably the biggest I've ever seen on him. It suits him.

It takes Taeyong a minute to smell the noodles cooking on the stove along with the garlic that sits out on the counter. Then, he asks, "are you making kalguksu?" His expression shows excitement as the realization hits him. His face makes my heart skip a beat.

I chuckle. "I'm trying to."

He helps me finish making the soup—I watch the noodles as they boil while he chops up vegetables. Once it's time for him to cook the vegetables, we stand side by side, stirring the ingredients every minute or so. I'll glance up at him, then he'll look back, and we both smile our awkward grins.

Once we finish, I take over finishing up the dish. Taeyong sits at the counter and looks around the house. Probably thinking about how small it is. I don't know much about Taeyong and what class he's raised in, but this house would look tiny to just about anyone who stepped inside.

Once the soup is prepared in two bowls, I suggest going outside onto the porch. It was calmer there—more isolated and tranquil. Only trees were to be found back there, along with a small meadow where birds and groundhogs sometimes could be found. When I was little, I liked to dance around in the yard. My dad would call me a male Snow White. I liked when he said that. It made me feel worthy—as worthy as a prince.