TWENTY TWO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

TWENTY TWO.

❝ if someone believed me,they would be as in love with you as i am

they would be as in love with you as i am. ❞
— ANGELS ; THE XX .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

My heart skips a beat as Taeil's hands touch mine. He wraps his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder. I chuckle as I grab my backpack from the trunk of his mom's mini van. He releases me from his hold, only to put his arm around my shoulder.

"Thank you," Taeil says as we walk towards the front door of the house. We're surrounded completely by trees, the sounds of only the birds in the trees and the waves upon the lake in the distance filling our ears. The sounds are rather calming, along with the feeling of Taeil's lips against my cheek. I chuckle as he nuzzles his head into my neck.

Taeil leads me into the house, which is full of old antique furniture and objects. As strange as most people would think of the place, something about it all just works. The wooden furniture against the old wallpaper that covers the surface of the walls seems to go together perfectly.

Just like the way my hand fits in Taeil's as he drags me up the stairs to the bedrooms. He opens the door to the room furthest down the hall, where there sits two full-sized beds, along with a large vanity. Taeil throws himself onto the bed next to the large window. I sit down at the end of the mattress, placing a hand on the calf of his leg.

"What's the plan for today?" I ask him with a subtle smirk. Taeil squints his eyes at me before sitting up.

Taeil exhales a sigh, putting his chin on my shoulder. "Whatever you want," he says. "I can show you the nature. We can swim. We can do other stuff."

I place a hand on Taeil's waist, pulling him closer. He kisses my cheek tenderly as he tightens his arms around my body. I chuckle as he buries his head deeper into my shoulder.

"How about all of the above?" I say quietly. A small grin forms on Taeil's face, eventually turning into a burst of laughter. He stands up, taking my hands in his, pulling me behind him. I enjoy seeing the smile on his face. I enjoy watching him enjoy himself. And knowing he's happy showing me around, only makes me more warm inside.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The sun begins to set as Taeil walks down the wooden dock, nearing the deeper parts of the lake. We spent the entire day walking around downtown. My feet seem to lose all sense of tension and soreness once we dip our legs into the cool waters. Taeil puts his hand over mine.