ELEVEN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

ELEVEN.

❝ stay, just you and me like this,baby touch me

stay, just you and me like this,
baby touch me.
— TOUCH ; NCT 127.

major trigger warning
stay safe.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

There's one day every year where Jinhyuck and I don't speak to each other and we stay in our separate bedrooms all day. While I do as much as possible with anything around my room—to keep my mind off everything—Jinhyuck stays in bed. He cries at least once an hour. Some years, he may text me to get him water, but most times he just stays quiet. And alone. And I guess I do the same.

Taeyong rarely asks to see me this late at night. It's Saturday, Jinhyuck tries talking to me at least ten times just in this evening alone, but I ignore him. I know giving into him would only make me hate myself, and I can't disappoint my dad like that. That's the last thing I want.

He pulls up in my driveway at nearly midnight. I don't care, though. Time is nonexistent whenever I'm with Taeyong, or even when I'm thinking of him. He makes the world disappear around myself when we're together.

When I sit in the passenger's seat, he looks at me longingly. His eyes are small, and so is the line of his lips that curls up when I grab his hand.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," I answer. He smiles, now showing his teeth. My heart contracts in my chest. I kiss his knuckles as he drives away. "Where are we going?"

He keeps his eyes on the road, but moves his head slightly over towards me. "My hiding place."

By hiding place, he means the forest next to the local beach. It was thick with large, tall pines and oaks. He seemed to know right where he was going as soon as we stepped foot into the woods, for he didn't even have to stop to look around. He just walked, and I followed.

The night was still, dark, but somewhat safe even despite all that. The moon was in its waning crescent phase, and the lack of clouds in the sky allowed the stars to glisten in the sky. But Taeyong was the brightest star visible to my eyes. I know this as soon as he takes my hand, lacing his fingers between mine, lifting my chin up towards the sky.

We stand in the middle of an open circle, no trees or bushes or anything around us. There's no trees blocking my view of the million lights in the dark azure. While I gaze, an airplane crosses the view. I look back down, and Taeyong wraps his arm around my waist. I chuckle.