EIGHT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

EIGHT.

❝ and so it seems i've broke your heart,my ignorance has struck again

and so it seems i've broke your heart,
my ignorance has struck again.
— SORRY ; HALSEY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The day goes by slow. Classes seem to drag on for hours, lunch hour is uneventful, and I don't see Taeyong. Ever since the night of dancing and hugging, the feeling of missing him becomes stronger and more painful. Sometimes unbearable to the point where I call him and we have to talk on the phone to suffice.

Yuta doesn't talk to me much. Taeil tries to, but only because it's obvious that I'm being quiet. I'm hiding the fact that I'm in and over my head about a boy.

It's Monday. The ride to pick up our milkshakes is almost silent, with the exception of when Taeil sneezes and Yuta and I say "bless you."

The silence becomes too much. "How were your breaks?" I ask them as we wait in the drive-thru line. Taeil turns around to look at me. He has a small grin on his face, and it's evidently fake, but I don't mind. Yuta doesn't acknowledge me at all.

"Boring. Just worked on college apps," Taeil answers. Yuta pulls up to the window to pay for our milkshakes. "I'm just anxious for the new year to come around."

I think about Taeil's statement. I hadn't realized up until now just how quick the year had gone by. It was definitely better than I had anticipated it to be—with the idea of graduating constantly on my mind, I had high hopes. Getting into the swing of public high school definitely made things go by faster, and the fact that I got to do it with people other than just Jinhyuck and a homeschooling counselor made it all even better.

Yuta passes the milkshakes to Taeil, who passes one back to me. The sweet vanilla in my mouth reminds me of all the other Mondays we had together like this. It's already been a long four months of being in school, and we only had about four left. Then, we'd all be off in college, going to really, truly begin our lives.

Taeil wants to be a psychologist. He took the college psych class in his sophomore year and got a five on the exam. He seems to know every single inner working of the brain. I guess that's why he seems to always know exactly how to help me when I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Yuta, however, plans on going to school for soccer. He's hands-down the best player at school. He made the varsity team fresh out of middle school, and stayed at the top of the team ever since. He already has scouts giving him full rides from all over the country.