Chapter seventeen

• Dedicated to Harry's inviting pursed lips

ANNOYINGLY HOT

"Val you should-Oh!" My breathing hitched and I stepped away from Harry as fast as I could as Eleanor swung the kitchen's door open, he closed his eyes shut and the hand that previously rested on my cheek was now closed tight on a fist in front of him in frustration. 

I cleared my throat before speaking. "What happened?" Had this seriously had to happen? Oh my God, this is bad.

Eleanor furrows her brow looking back and forth between Harry and I, his back to her. "I was going to tell you guys that Josh was...." She trailed off. "Wait, what is going on here?" Her index finger motioning between Harry and I.

What is going on here? What was going on between my boyfriend's best friend and I? What was going on with me?

Pft. Alcohol. 

I gulped. "Uh,"

"Josh was what?" Harry finally said not bothering to turn around and face Eleanor, his eyes glued on mine. 

Eleanor wobbles a little before registering Harry's words, alcohol obviously taking control over her system. "Oh, he was just dancing on the table, it was really funny." She burst into laughter and I mentally thanked God she was too drunk to keep up with two conversations at the time. "Come see!" She waved her hand in front of her like a five year old motioning for us to follow her and quit the kitchen with a broad smile.

Fuck, this isn't good, everything is happening so fast. 

I sighed relieved she left clueless... for now. I locked my eyes with Harry's his glare was intense as if he was trying hard to tell me something with his eyes, but I couldn't quite understand the emotion behind them. My throat was dry and I was struggling to breath, I swallowed and started making my way to the door just to be stopped midway by Harry grabbing my elbow and pulling me back so he could see my face.

"Valery." His voice raspier than usual, and for a moment I imagined his voice in the morning. The thought making me dizzy for a moment, as a naked Harry laid in front of me in between sheets with sleepy eyes, that slappable smirk of his and greeting me good morning. 

Naked? Seriously? Cough, cough. You have a boyfriend, remember? REMEMBER? My subconscious stepped in slapping me straight in the face with a white plastic glove. 

Shit.

"Harry." I said, my voice coming out stronger and harsher than I intended it to, softly I jerked away from his grasp and headed to the door without another word. 

Awkward

Walking back into the living room Josh was still dancing on the table, a rose from the bouquet of the entrance table working as a microphone in his hands. Zayn looked up to me, a massive grin on his lips, one of those that hid his eyes behind his cheeks and his long eyelashes. My stomach turned and guilt burnt fresh on my skin. 

This is really bad.

The floor was full of broken glass which I assumed belonged to the glasses of champagne and whiskey, I sighed and rolled my eyes. At least it wasn't any of my Chinese vases. Harry came out of the kitchen shortly after me and for some unknown reason his presence altered me completely.

Some reason? haha because you almost make out, I narrow my eyes at my subconscious and push her to the back of my head. His body is at the other end of the room yet I feel extremely suffocated, I gulp and try not to make a big deal out of this all. However green eyes are focused on me, his brow furrowed and his pink lips pursed. Pink, inviting, pursed lips.