Chapter forty four

NOTHING MORE SOBERING THAN A BIT OF TRUTH

"She hid it, she hid what she felt, she was quite good at it."

_

Zayn's P.O.V

I knew it, I could see it. It was everywhere, whenever they talked, whenever they looked at each other, damn it! It was even there when they were in the same f*cking room. It didn't take a genius to understand that there was clearly something going on between those two. I couldn't stand it, I couldn't bear to see their faces smiling at each other as if everything was good in the world. I'm aware of my actions and that I really have no right to be upset about it -if my assumptions were right, which I knew they were-. I was no saint, but still I couldn't stop from feeling so mad, so furious at them. 

That's why I avoided her so much, that's why I didn't want to spend so much time around them. that's the reason why I was absent almost every time. I didn't like one bit the way they stared at each other as if there was no one else in the room, I hated how good a match they were. It sickened me the invisible force that pulled them together. I could see it, and I was a hundred percent sure I wasn't the only one who did. But I couldn't loose her either, I loved her. 

I kept insisting, I kept begging for a chance because I wanted things to be as they were before. I didn't know when did everything turned upside down, it was too quickly and our relationship was completely damaged. We were just trying to put the broken pieces together, but we were hurting ourselves in the process. The thing is, I'm selfish and I don't want her to be with anyone else that isn't me. She's mine. 

However at that moment, during the pool party, I couldn't stand it anymore. I was too close to explode in their faces, but I decided against it. I knew far too good that I wouldn't be able to do it, first off because I was drunk as hell and secondly, because I wasn't up for being the centre of attention. And I really didn't fancy Elizabeth giving me a call to scold me the next morning. So I refrained from speaking my mind and decided to leave. It was better for all of us. 

I think I won't ever understand my actions. I know its stupid and I shouldn't do it, I shouldn't go to her when everything else in my life seems to be crumbling around me. But Ivory had the power to take all my sorrows away, she was the one who scared my demons, even though she might be my biggest one. But she knows how to make me forget about everything, even if it is for a little while. I knew she wouldn't judge, I was sure she was unconditional and maybe I'm doing this for all the wrong reasons, but she's able to make my world right for a little while. 

So I walked back to the hotel, I texted her and waited for her curvy body to appear somewhere from the jackpot machines. The casino of the hotel was always our place, we would meet there every time and go anywhere from there, mostly her room. As I waited for her, I reminisced the time I met her, it was actually at a party, obviously. She spotted me in the crowd and as if I was her prey for the night, she wouldn't let go of me. And I hate to give an excuse as lame as this one, but I was too drunk to say no to her. Her long brunette hair and captivating blue eyes were only the beginning of the bewitchment; her body was glorious and her voice couldn't be softer. We spend that night together, and that's what I thought it would be, a one night stand. But I couldn't be more wrong, Ivory somehow got my number and wouldn't stop calling and texting me until we met again, I felt so bad about what happened that I was determined to tell her to stop trying to reach for me. But it only took me to look at her once again to fall right back into her arms. She is enchanting. And that's how things began, of course I felt like sh*t every time I arrived home to Valery. But they were so different, and I liked them both, I mean, I love Valery, but then she doesn't have this wild spirit that Ivory has. They are polar opposites, and I have a weakness for them both.