Chapter 22

Mark was waiting inside the coffee shop for Youngjae since it was pouring rain outside. His fingers drumming against the surface of the wooden table, a nervous habit that his best friend absolutely hated. A small smile tugged at the corner's of his mouth as he remembered the times Youngjae would smack his hand, telling him to stop because the sound of it distracted him, his touch always lingering a bit too long to be considered ‚friendly'.

The blond was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't notice that the boy he was waiting for had entered the coffee shop till he plopped down on the chair in front of Mark.

His brown hair was plastered on his head and his clothes were sticking to his body like a second skin but Youngjae seemed unfazed by all of that if the blinding smile Mark was greeted with was anything to go by.

"Hey," He said, eyes flickering up to meet Mark's and the older found himself smiling back immediately.

"Did you forget an umbrella?"

At that Youngjae shook his head, sending drops of water everywhere and Mark though he resembled a wet puppy, or an otter now that he thought about it. Nonetheless he felt his heart clench at the other's cuteness.

"I didn't think it would rain that heavily and besides a bit of water doesn't hurt, right? It was actually really pleasant walking in the rain and you know I love how it smells outside during weather like this" He gestured towards the window where heavy drops tapped on the glass but Mark didn't follow his movements, his eyes staying on the boy in front of him and Youngjae felt the tips of his ears heat up under the intense gaze. Mark was acting strange in his opinion and it unsettled him.

A waitress walked up to their table and set down two cups of hot coffee and also two blueberry muffins before she went away again with a polite smile.

"I've had ordered already for us before you came here, I hope you don't mind" Mark explained as he saw the confusion that was written all over Youngjae's features only to see his face brightening up not a second later.

"Thank you Markie"

The two started sipping on their coffee's and took the occasion bite of their muffins. The silence that had fallen over them wasn't exactly unpleasant but also not enjoyable either. Youngjae was the first to break it.

"What's going on?"

Mark snapped out of his thoughts and eyed Youngjae nervously.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

The younger rolled his eyes in fake annoyance. "You're acting strange and I wanna know why, so, what's going on?"

Deciding to ignore the lump that was forming in his throat, the blond set the coffee cup back on the table and swallowed heavily. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yes, I love you too" Youngjae said matter of factly.

"No, I mean as in all the homo love"

Now that could have been said better, Mark scolded himself mentally. How much more lame could he have been?

The brown haired's eyes widened in surprise. He knew that their feelings for each other were more than just well, of a friendly nature but neither of them had ever said anything about it so it came as a surprise that Mark would talk so boldly about it.

Not knowing where the sudden boost of confidence care from, Mark continued.

"Actually I would have asked you to be my boyfriend ages ago if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm just so so scared. Youngjae, you're my best friend and what if a relationship between us doesn't work out the way we want to? What if we break up and it's so bad that we can't even stay friends? It would get hella awkward between our group of friends and the others would feel like they had to picks sides and we both know Bambam would cry if he had to choose between one of us and I don't want that" He took a deep, shaky breath, "I don't want to lose you Youngjae"