December 25th, 1958

George's Pov:

"So how ya' feeling, with Dot and all?" John asked Paul as we were walking back to Paul's house after a sudden Christmas gig we got booked for.

It was late, nearly 2 in the morning, and the only thing we could hear was the snow crunching under our feet, our light breaths and a car passing by every now and then. We could only see the street lamps lighting our way every few blocks and the moon above us behind the clouds. I had one hand in my coat pocket and my other carrying my guitar case. You could see our breaths in the air and our smoke from our cigarettes.

Paul took his cigarette out of his mouth and sighed a little, "I don't know...It's just too much."

"What are you going to do?" I asked, readjusting my hand to get a better grip on my guitar case.

"I'm probably gonna have to marry her..." he said, taking a long drag on his cigarette.

John and I were speechless for a moment, not knowing what to say at that response we were surprised by.

"You're gonna bloody marry her?" John spit out, saying it a bit too rudely for the moment.

"Well I don't see you coming up with any other ideas!" Paul spat, "What the hell would you do if you got Cynthia pregnant, huh?!"

"Simple answer: Not get her knocked up! And that would never happen anyways," John replied as we turned the corner to Paul's street.

"What do you think I should do George?" Paul asked, turing his attention to me.

I stuttered a bit, "Uh, I-I really don't know...Do whatever you think is right."

"See," Paul said putting his arm around me, "That's what a good mate should say."

We stepped up the stairs quickly to get inside. John nearly killed himself slipping on some ice.

We all put down our guitars and were greeted by Diana in the living room, reading her books, waiting for us to get home or call like she always did.

She always worried about us, and worried about us all for different reasons. Paul since he was her brother of course. Me because I was her boyfriend and she loved me, haha. And John...For just getting in trouble, or lashing out for something, like the night when Julia died.

Diana got up and walked over to the three of us, taking our cigarettes out of our mouths one by one. She didn't like us smoking, especially in the house.

"You want anything to drink," she asked, walking into the kitchen, "Tea?"

"Tea will be great," I said.

"Yeah, ta," added John.

Paul just went to go sit down on the couch with his chin on his hands. John walked over and sat down next to him, putting his arm around his shoulder.

Diana called me into the kitchen.  "What's wrong?" She asked, getting ready to boil some water.

"All that stuff about last night, what Dot told him," I said, leaning my back on the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, and?"

"He's gonna marry her," I said.

Diana completely stopped what she was doing and looked at me with shock, it kind of scared me.

"Marry her?!" She gasped.

I nodded, giving a slight laugh trying to lighten the mood. I don't think it worked.

"He can't marry her, he doesn't even have a damn job!" She said, adding the tea to the water.

"He has a job!" I said, speaking about the band.

She scoffed, "That doesn't even pay the bills!"

I was taken aback at that remark, "Well sorry! We're trying the best we can. He's trying the best he can in this situation! We can't get gigs everywhere we look and we don't expect to get paid like bloody movie stars Diana!"

She sighed, "I'm sorry...Its just- He can't! It won't work! This is a teenage romance! How do you expect that to ever work?!"

I crossed my arms and glared at Diana slightly, "So, we won't work either then?" I sneered.

"I didn't mean-" she started to say.

"It kinda sounded like you did," I stepped away from Diana a bit.

She was speechless.

I shook my head and began to step away.

"George!" She called.

I took a cup of tea and started to walk into the dimly light living room, trying to hide the fact my eyes were starting to water.

Diana suddenly grabbed my arm and turned me around to face her, almost making me spill my tea as I was about to take a sip.

"Oh Georgie," She gave a half hearted smile, seeing a tear about to roll down my face. She held my face in her hands and quickly wiped my tear away.

I choked up a little and a few more tears came out of my eyes.

"Baby," she laughed a little and wiped those tears away as well, "I wasn't thinking, okay? I'm so stupid! I love you! Okay?!"

I nodded and she brought me into a hug and put her arms around me tightly.

"You're okay..." She whispered to me, brushing the back of my hair.

She pulled me back and kissed my lips softly. She was the best kisser in the world...

Our attention was suddenly turned away to a crying Paul, holding on to John's arm.

"Oh my god," Diana rolled her eyes and let go of me to go see Paul.

"I can't do this!" he gasped between cries.

"Paul," Diana sighed, as she sat on the arm of the chair beside him, "It's gonna be okay."

"No it's not going to be okay! I have to take care of a kid and have a wife! I have to try and be a father when I'm not even an adult!" He cried into his hands and wiped his nose on his coat sleeve.

"Look, we're going to be here for you, right guys?" Diana asked.

John and I nodded.

"Yeah buddy," John said, punching Paul in the arm slightly, "The kid can call me Uncle John! Uncle Johnny!" He laughed.

Paul sniffed and laughed a little too, "I guess so."

"See, everything is going to be fine, we're here for you," John said.

Paul nodded.

-
-
-
💕😁✌